Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A little thanks for the donations :)

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
So Tony thought he would do a little whip-around for a bit of spare cash to help pay for the new forum. Well, it turned out to be far far more than expected and then something else happened.

Our good friend Simon Holton, purveyor of genuine Toyota parts from Steven Eagell Toyota (the friendly chap who gives us great discounts on Toyota parts!) decided he would like to add his bit. He has kindly donated some Toyota travel coffee cups for me to hand out to those who donated towards this.

View attachment 3730

(Link to image)

Think of it as a reverse raffle:cool: You did good thing, and now you get your raffle prize :)
So, please PM me your address so I can post you your cup!

And remember, if you want any genuine Toyota parts at a decent discount and free postage(!!!), give Simon call
His details are:
Simon Holton - Parts Manager,
Steven Eagell Toyota - email:
[email protected]

I can wait untill lincomb mate to save postage costs? Happy to contribute. Great site and people are ok i suppose who use it :cool:

Genuinely, I lost one similar to that in the great fire. Never got around to replacing it. How very kind of Simon. What a chuffing great forum this is.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Superb!!! Can you fit them in the 120 for Lincomb Cris?? :cool:

oooh, haven't had one of those for ages, super :cool:

Sorry folks. Bit of a misunderstanding. It is the picture he gave me. They're stickers of mugs to put onto a tesco one ;)

I'm not coming to Lincomb so I will have to post them all out on Saturday. I might have to do a donation to cover the postage ;)

What a bunch of mugs.

C

Last edited:
Hi Cris, dropped you a pm but its not showing in sent items; could you let me know you received it?

Cheers

I got it Gav. For the last time, I will NOT take part in this dogging thing you keep going on about!

edit: FYI: Unlike the old forum, this one does not keep PMs in sent items.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... FYI: Unlike the old forum, this one does not keep PMs in sent items.

Id does if you tick the box that says "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder"
thumb2.gif

Id does if you tick the box that says "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder"
thumb2.gif
I spotted that box, but there doesn't seem to be an indication of when a PM has been read, in the old system you could see a message was waiting to be read then it would go when it had been, giving you indication that the other person had read it. I've sent two PM's recently (Crispin can you hear me?) but I've no way of knowing that they have been received. One more thing, I just added a smiley but even though it appeared in my post as I was typing it, it could not be seen when I previewed it.

EDIT
and I submitted the post and the smiley is not there as you can see

FURTHER EDIT
and another thing when clicking submit, or any other button come to that it takes approx 30 secs to do anything, making me wonder should I click again

Last edited:
Yes Chas, I hear you. I also got your PMs.
This system is not the old system. Things are different here. Where I can, and when asked, I will change things to be like the previous forum if it makes sense to. But(!) I can only do these things slowly. I am feeling my way around the settings and the forum so give me a chance. Long rants will be ignored as the suggestions are lost in the noise of the rants and I can crack on with the suggests which are nicely laid out.
There. Having said that...

Buttons are going to be in different places. Have a poke around, they are there.
Smilies now work :D
The slowness of the forum is unlikely the new forum's fault as no one else has mentioned it. I upgraded the server yesterday so there really should not be a problem. If other poeple are having a problem with speed then I can look into it.

PMs by default do not save in the sent items like the old system. For this one you can as Paul has said, click on the box to save it.
If you wanted to, you can also request read receipt so you get a PM when the other person opens the PM (Note that they can decline to send a receipt so it's not fol proof)

I think that is it? If I have missed anything then let me know and I will look into it.

Cheers,
Crispin

Thanks Crispin for all your work towards the site.................Sorry I caused you extra !

Frank

Back