Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any Series 60 Owners

Hello, here's mine
A TLC HJ60 (1981) 2H engine with 5 speeds gearbox
100_8853.jpg

Brand new to the site (and to Land Cruisers!) Just bought my first one. I think it's a 60 series. It's real beauty! Short wheel base. Lovely condition. Know the guy that's had it for a few years and he's really looked after it. I've already managed to break it though! Think the alternator has gone and I've had it less than 2 weeks. Going to investigate. ANyone know where to get hold of old manuals? Any help is greatly appreciated.

'Novice Ange' ;-)
photo-53.JPG

Welcome to the club Angel. :thumbup:

Thats a 70 series youve bought. :clap:

An LJ70 to be precise. :icon-ugeek:

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you PDF copies of the factory service manuals. :icon-wink:

Hi Ben, Thanks for the welcome, how do I send a PM on here?

And yeah, feel a bit daft already as I got the VIN and model number yesterday afternoon and it's a 70 like you said! Managed to get the alternator off eventually with my dad. I'd love those manuals if poss. Thanks again,

Ange :)

PM received and manuals sent. :icon-wink:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Tim, I spotted your silver 60 at Lincomb too. It's the best looking 60 that I've seen, top marks for the restoration and all the hard work.:clap:

DSC03796.jpgDSC03787.jpgDSC03760.jpgi will try and find more photos of the window frames repair, the rear side window frames were in a very bad way, i cut sections out of one being broken and stiched them in as i did with the windscreen. both rear quaters, and outer arches were cut out and new put in, the inner arches were repaired with patches from the one being broken. rear chassis rot was cut out and i had some 4MM plate bent to suit the repair. front and middle body mounts had rotted through the body. new ones were made and welded in. front inner arches were rotted so i managed to make 2 good ones out of the 4 i had. new battery were made too. i managed to find 2 rot free doors for the passenger side, but had to import 2 drivers side from the states!
the rad was recored, axles stripped and rebuilt with all new bearings and seals, discs pads ect.. rear axle has a difflock in and the front runs "Marlin crawler" heavy duty cv joints. all steering joints replaced. power steering now runs a proper cooler(no more rotted out pipes leaking) Old man emu susspension, 15000lbs comeup 24v winch, Aussie bumper, 12v system running off a converter for radios, lap top ect... rear bumper came in kit from from the states. rebuild gearbox and transfer box with a Safari tuff clutch from australia. ARB roofrack, safari snorkel. engine has done 175k and is lovely, no leaks anywhere.. i think thats it, but could be more....

One owner over here from Caracas Venezuela. I hope we can share experience. See ya.

Hi,

Just got a 60 Cruiser needs a few bits doing including a tailgate lower half unless I find a good welder. I just need time as it only has an afternoons work needed and I could be out in it but finding time when I work away all week is hard.

Loads of time in the week while away just no where for the Cruiser.

Also who's got the Silver 60 passed me on the M42 and M40 by Warwick looked very looked like a suspension and body lift nice but must have thought I was bad to keep overtaking and them slowing down to have another look. It was shifting too at 80 mph.

Hi Seamus, look back further on this post, is that the one??

Welcome to the forum from another 60 owner.

Andy

Hi Seamus good looking 60 and in Red can it get better a bit welcome tonytoyota :violin:

Pics mate please:dance:

One is a white 1985 hitop with rear lids, the most common model 60 in Sweden.
Took the family to Morocco and beyond in December.
View attachment 6319
Two is a red 1980 with a turbo 12H-T engine, that someone put in later then.
Serial number is HJ6000900068, making it #68 off the assembly line in September 1980.
Not many of these early 60s left I think. 650000 kms on it, and miles to go before she sleep.
View attachment 6317
Three is a genuine HJ61, one of only twenty sold in Sweden. But missing the engine and too far rusted , a parts car.
View attachment 6318

Number four is just a rust free frame and a nearly rust free body so far, plus a driveline....pics later. Still not sure if I want the 12H-T in it or not. :)

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction looking for a Headlamp Dimmer relay for my 60.
Toyota part number 85926-90A01. Tis is one of the last parts I need for my build.

Back