Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Are these reliable?

Ahh that would explain it. It really helps if people put their locations in the side bar. Doesn't alter what we can say about the vehicle in general terms, but it does make some differences.

It's not that autos are rare in the UK - but post 95 all the diesels were manual. All petrols in the UK were auto.

Gotcha. To be honest, if this were a turbo diesel manual I would have jumped on it much quicker. I am taking it for a test drive this weekend. Is there anything specifically I should look at when I am driving it?

You need to know when the PHH has been replaced (Pesky Heater Hose), whether the Birfields have seen grease recently, how much rust is on the undercarriage, if the Head gasket has been done and when, and just general maintenance items.

Turn the wheels full left and right and be aware of any clicking noises.

Have you driven an auto Series 80? Don't be surprised if the shifting seems "soft". They do drive somewhat like a greyhound bus. Punch the overdrive button to make sure you have all four gears, and that overdrive turns on and off.

Make sure all the 4wd modes work properly.

Damage history?

You are just down the road from me. Wish I could come along.

Drew

That's a good asking price, providing it runs well.

If you buy it, first thing to do would be to base line the vehicle, and that means replacing just about everything rubber, pulling off the roof rack (it WILL have rust under it) and replacing all your fluids, regardless of what the PO said.

Actually, in lieu of me coming along, sign up for IH8MUD and see if someone local to you could ride along.

There are a metric ton of Wisconsin/Michigan Series 80s guys who would LOVE to go shopping for a series 80 with someone elses' money.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for all the info guys. You might see me soon joining your ranks, but if I never post again it will mean I found something else. Thanks for your time.

Back