Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Braided brake lines

dunk1

Country Flag
great_britain
Are these available as i can't find anyone selling them for my LC3 55 plate

Take them off and your local hydraulic pipe firm will make them to pattern quite cheaply. In comparison to ready made kits they will be half the price.

Andy

Iirc llama 4x4 make them to whatever you want and not badly priced.

Personally, I would not fit them. I have had them on other cars before and all the braiding does is hide the hose deterioration underneath.

If you do fit them, make sure you change them in 5 years

Why would they be deteriorating under the braiding? We certainly don't replace the rubber hoses every 5 years, and they're far worse off for wear, breakdown and expansion.

I know of sets of braided hoses that were fitted back in the early 90s that are still perfectly fine and serviceable.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's strange, as you say there doesn't seem to be braised hoses readily available for the 120 series, whereas sets for the 90 and 80 series are all over the place.

I'm no expert but I wonder whether it's because the ATRAC system uses the brakes and non-standard parts might interfere ?

HEL braided hoses have a lifetime warranty, they're not just st/st braiding wrapped round rubber hose, the Goodridge ones i had on my supra were over 10 years old and working fine.

Quite a few i see use a teflon hose that doesn't degrade

Last edited:
It's strange, as you say there doesn't seem to be braised hoses readily available for the 120 series, whereas sets for the 90 and 80 series are all over the place.

I'm no expert but I wonder whether it's because the ATRAC system uses the brakes and non-standard parts might interfere ?

How ? its just a hose doing the same job as the o/e flexi rubber one

No idea TBH. It was the only (logical?) reason I could think why after-market sources weren't available for a relatively simply part.

What about "Because not many people have asked before"?

Are you sure the OEM ones aren't already braided? Just because it has a rubber outer doesn't mean there's not stainless braiding hiding underneath ...

HEL braided hoses have a lifetime warranty, they're not just st/st braiding wrapped round rubber hose, the Goodridge ones i had on my supra were over 10 years old and working fine.

Quite a few i see use a teflon hose that doesn't degrade

I can Vouch for the HEL ones as i have them on my Colorado and they are a lovely Hose. very well made my braided lines are coverered in a clear rubbery coating.

Are you sure the OEM ones aren't already braided? Just because it has a rubber outer doesn't mean there's not stainless braiding hiding underneath ...

I have no idea what the OEM ones construction is, maybe someone could cut one up
and have a look when they replace one.
Its whats inside the braiding that i'm more interested in, the top quality braided lines
use a teflon tube for the inner section which lasts a lifetime as long as its not kinked

Last edited:
I can Vouch for the HEL ones as i have them on my Colorado and they are a lovely Hose. very well made my braided lines are coverered in a clear rubbery coating.

The outer sleeve is just to keep the braided part looking nice :)

Back