Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cost of import '93 80 series

Did you collect then Paul?

24carrot. The main reason the uk spec is more money is most people want all three diff locks. Some of the imports have them but not many. To be honest if you get an import you get folding mirrors,fridge, cruiser control and a few more goodies where the uk spec trucks don't. Personally I like the imports. They work well with the limited slip diff in the rear.
I'm with you on that Karl although I've yet to find a 24V with a fridge between the seats. The last one I bought is my daily driver and it has (working) diff locks which is unusual and it has the fog lights in the tailgate and the spare wheel underneath so its well different to others I have had. I don't know much about 12V imports though as I've never had one but I know they usually have diff locks as well as the fridge. Not everyone likes the suede seats and I have swapped mine out for leather ones.

Yes I got my cruiser, will have to have a chat about getting front and back diff on. Planning on going through Africa.
Interior needs a overhaul for the wife(haha) maybe just some new carpet. So a few things I've noticed is cruise control isn't working, sunroof is letting wind in at 60 m/h. Centre console fridge isn't working 100%.

If you get your AC topped up it will sort the fridge. Look up your axle code as you may have a LSD in the back already. The sunroof might just need cycling up and down and the seal strip 'fluffing up' a bit.

Not had any problem insuring my 81 and it was like it had just come out the factory underneath and in the engine bay. No problems getting parts either (especially now I've found Amayama). Just don't let windscreen fitters near it!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
11C7B123-4320-46EC-8782-07283535038A

mine is a 1992 hdj81 it's dune 218000 of only one diff lock. I have had it for thee months .dun some work to it.and the crank barriers are next. it was inpoted in 2004 and just one owner. and it was £2500.happy days

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Isn't that the one featured in this month's TOTAL off road. Owner is (was) a chap called Frank Cooper IIRC. Could be it's twin but the spec and story sound identical. If it is and you don't have a copy of the article, it's worth getting just for the provenance

Yes it is the same one, and yes did get the magazine. I spend about 4 hours with Frank what

Back