Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Earth point locations

Lexie

Country Flag
great_britain
Anybody point me in the direction of earth points on the 80. I think iv a bad earth somewer.
For example... dipped beam on heated seat on once you brake or indicate or both the oil light flashes in time with indicater. Or if heater fan is on high etc.

Could this be alternator?

Anybody point me in the direction of earth points on the 80. I think iv a bad earth somewer.
For example... dipped beam on heated seat on once you brake or indicate or both the oil light flashes in time with indicater. Or if heater fan is on high etc.

Could this be alternator?
Time to get the multimeter out and check your charging voltage. Should be 14.4 with engine running tested across the battery terminals. There are Earth points inside the rh front wing by the battery. Inside the driver and passenger foot wells. Beyond this I’d need to check the manual.

Good point. Had earth issue before and flashed the same light but thats not to say.

Were can i get my hands on a manual could be handy to have

Have a search on here. I know they’re accessible if you part with £12 for being a supporter but I think there’s one or two posts with people offering them. Or Pm me your email and I can forward the one I have.

Last edited:
Have a search on here. I know they’re accessible if you part with £12 for being a supporter but I think there’s one or two posts with people offering them. Or Pm me your email and I can forward the one I have.
Pm'd thanks

upload_2018-2-28_15-6-23.png

the EC earth point on a HD/FT is a real pain to get to. you have to sqeeze between the engine and the bulkhead.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Awesome thanks firewout. Where you get that i need a manual badly

Can I have one too please Wout…:whistle: Mine doesn’t seem to be that up to date. :)

Back