Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Im puzzled with h4 plug install.

Thanks Karl very much appreciated for the time taken to send me information.
I will test my wires today and yes the white and black is wire is my ground as I assumed.
I will do a test of my lights on and off and on full beam and see what I find.
Thanks again Karl your a star.

This was my findings today and not sure if I have done it correctly but ha ho.

What findings are you referring to Tony ?

Have you also checked out relays in the main fuse box in engine bay, and fuses etc in the cabin one, under pull off flap by drivers right knee ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's difficult to follow what's happening there.

The light plugs will have a common wire and two switched wires for H & L beams.

With the engine running and lights turned off.....

1. Is there +12v on any of the wires?

2. Is there -12v (ground) on any of the wires?

If +12v is present on the common wire then the lights are negatively switched. Switching them on should apply -12v to the H & L beam wires.

If -12v is present on the common wire then the lights are positively switched as in the 80 series. Switching them on should apply +12v to the H & L beam wires.

Few interesting finding today.
Just done a fuse test and removed the 4 fuses for the lights.
On installation of the fuses I noticed small sparks on the 2 middle fuses but still showing battery voltage as fine.
Couple of other things I have noticed since I removed my 4 fuses my drivers window loses its auto feature and my dash clock loses time.
My puzzle is the time lost is around 42 minutes but my clock was correct when I parked up.
I have not been outside for 42 minutes but around 20.
Puzzled to my findings.

Attachments

• 20230916_133120.jpg
    20230916_133120.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230916_133132.jpg
    20230916_133132.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 11
All fixed and working correctly.
Blown fuse and I was looking at the wrong fuses like a big dope.
I can get on with my original plan as was to get my slimline lightbar fitted hopefully.
Just want to thank every one for there information and support and hopefully I can be of help to other members who come unstuck or in need of advice.
Big thank you guys.

Great, well done! It doesn't help that the fuse box diagram claims there's 4 fuses for the headlights, but only 2 are fitted...

Yep, I've found confusing info on my fuse box lid as to what is there and where, glad you got there Tony.
As to your windows, whenever the power is cut for any reason, they have to 're learn again.
Your drivers window should work normally, but the others won't.
Go to each door switch and operate up and down a few times, they should all work from the drivers door panel then.

Yep, I've found confusing info on my fuse box lid as to what is there and where, glad you got there Tony.
As to your windows, whenever the power is cut for any reason, they have to 're learn again.
Go to each door switch and operate up and down a few times, they should all work from the drivers door panel then.
It was only the drivers window that was resetting itself othe 3 worked perfectly.

You hit the nail on the head as that was the part that threw me off looking at them fuses as 2 are blank anyway but yes got there in the end.
Lesson learnt for next time and to help someone else maybe.

Back