Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Expression of interest france trip

stumog

Country Flag
england
So I am thinking of setting up a week of offloading and sight seeing next summer in france.

Looking to be base camping in near limoges on my freinds property. He has a nice campsite with electric, toilets and shower and a fantastic fire pit socal area. Plus at a extra cost a few fishing lakes where you can rent gear and and lake if needed. I caught my first carp here and that was 33lbs.

I am looking for 5 vehicles to join for a week of dirt roads , castles and Ww2 history. This is french resistance territory.

The trip will take place in July or August dates tba

Included in the cost is camping on site for 7 nights with 5 days of touring with me leading you as alot have experienced before. Will be lots of amazing sights as I explored this area this summer and will scout this route next year also.

Cost per car is currently looking at £700 for 2 people sharing no extra cost for singles not sure on more then 2 yet.

If we don't get the numbers here will expand to others i know.

Familys are always welcome. As are dogs but need to be on leads on site.

Breakfast and dinner can be provided at extra if required. Please enquire for cost and details.

I hope this gets off the ground.

Stu
20230825_104503.jpg
20230826_104922.jpg
20230827_133851.jpg
IMG-20230828-WA0003.jpg

Sounds like a great trip. Bit early for me to commit to anything yet, but watching with interest (through if we come it'll be in the Hilux, not the 80 Series, if that's allowed???) :)

Definitely up for this, count us in.

Dave any vehicle is welcome so long as its 4x4

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So I am thinking of setting up a week of offloading and sight seeing next summer in france.

Looking to be base camping in near limoges on my freinds property. He has a nice campsite with electric, toilets and shower and a fantastic fire pit socal area. Plus at a extra cost a few fishing lakes where you can rent gear and and lake if needed. I caught my first carp here and that was 33lbs.

I am looking for 5 vehicles to join for a week of dirt roads , castles and Ww2 history. This is french resistance territory.

The trip will take place in July or August dates tba

Included in the cost is camping on site for 7 nights with 5 days of touring with me leading you as alot have experienced before. Will be lots of amazing sights as I explored this area this summer and will scout this route next year also.

Cost per car is currently looking at £700 for 2 people sharing no extra cost for singles not sure on more then 2 yet.

If we don't get the numbers here will expand to others i know.

Familys are always welcome. As are dogs but need to be on leads on site.

Breakfast and dinner can be provided at extra if required. Please enquire for cost and details.

I hope this gets off the ground.

Stu View attachment 333418View attachment 333417View attachment 333416View attachment 333415
Sounds really interesting. Would a Unimog be welcome/suitable on the intended routes?

Hi Elliot

I am not sure what the size of the tracks are yet. What mog is it so I can have that in mind?

Regards

Ex Belgium army U1350. About 19’ 8” long and 7’6” wide. Height is 11’3”
Regards,
Elliot

Are you still planning on running this Stu? I'd be interested. It's a nice part of the country - spent a week driving tracks south east of Lomoges in 2011.

Gary Applogies this isn't likely to go ahead this year. I always like to run a route first but time will not allow that.

Back