Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Guess the weight saving

stumog

Country Flag
england
So I have gone from 315 70 17 bfg ats on steel aftermarket rims to 315 75 16 on 80 alloys.

What do you think the difference in weight per wheel tyre unit?
20240418_170527.jpg

I'd say the wheel would at a guess 16kg which is just over 6Kg more than the alloy and the tyre a couple of Kg less than the BFG so 8Kg per corner maybe?

I was thinking its a trick question and your pocket got a fair bit lighter , but googling cst sahara and noting its promoted as a load carrying tyre I'm guessing its denser rubber hosting a fair bit of steel so there's not much difference at all .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
4Kg per corner?

TBH - I thought it was a trick question too but as you worded it "Guess the weight saving" - I'm assuming there is one.

So there was a 10kg per wheel and tyre saving to be had. I was aware that the oem steels were super heavy so wasn't expecting it.

Onto my next question what colour to paint the alloys?

Black
Silver
Grey
Other please very open to suggestions.

Black for me.

Well done gav. Thought would have been heavier tbh.

Done rear caliper engine and gearbox mounts and fitted a new wheel carrier and bottom tailgate today. Going to do cvs bearings and inner axle seals in the week. Then fit 200 series alternator to give more juice, and hopefully fit a leisure battery in the back on a split charge and tests it
20240421_152751.jpg

Back