Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi All

Markmd

Country Flag
uk
Just a quick intro just got a 80 series VX a few weeks ago, second one now,
If all goes well lots of mods coming here are a few pictures of my old one I regret selling.
Cheers Mark

Attachments

• 20230702_120633.jpg
    20230702_120633.jpg
    705.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230702_121606.jpg
    20230702_121606.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 24
most people regret selling an 80.

welcome back to sanity..

Good luck will you be doing a similar engine swap? I presume that's a 2UZ?

Last edited:
Thanks Chapel
Shootist as for the engine swap yes will be doing it again, but is not a UZ engine in my last 80 it is a GM L83 5.3 with 8L90E ( 8spd ) auto. I already have the newer GM L84 engine with 8spd on the way, will start the engine swap went it gets a bit warmer, in the meantime sorting out the interior.

That white one looks veeeeery nice. Pics of the newbie?

Thanks Chapel
Shootist as for the engine swap yes will be doing it again, but is not a UZ engine in my last 80 it is a GM L83 5.3 with 8L90E ( 8spd ) auto. I already have the newer GM L84 engine with 8spd on the way, will start the engine swap went it gets a bit warmer, in the meantime sorting out the interior.
Wow this is exciting. My 1FZ is currently out of the vehicle and in bits. I'm contemplating the cost of a rebuild, vs finding a replacement from a broken car or going the whole hog and swapping to a v8. Unfortunately crate engines are expensive in the UK.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Shootist sorry to hear about your engine, yes i am surprised at the price of American V8 engines for sale in the UK. Its a bit of a long story but my L84 is coming from South Africa, if you are not in a rush my engine 1FZ-FE will be up for grabs in a few months.

Shootist it looks like a cannot reply to you message you posted me for some reason!

It might be that you need a number of posts before you can send messages. Not sure.

I was just saying I would certainly be interested in your 1FZ and will be following your V8 swap of you write it up. I think the 80 would be fantastic with a more modern and powerful engine.

Tried to reply again to your pm again no luck, Yes looks like i have to do a certain amount of post first, no problem if you keen on my engine, yes was thinking about doing a write up on my swap but it will only be when it gets warmer.

Back