Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member - 75 series Expedition Truck

NorthWestCruisers

Garage
Country Flag
ireland
Hi, just a quick intro to me and my Landcruiser(s). I’m the very proud owner of a fully kitted out 75 Series which I’ve owned since 2017. Some of you may be familiar with my Truck already (previously owned by Nystrom Expeditions). I’ve done some Overlanding already in it (French & Italian Alps). I’ve previously also done Portugal (LR Disco TD5 ). Anyway I’ve done quite a few Modifications to my Truck and plan many more with some guidance Hopefully. Happy to discuss… cheers
981FF04A-9C65-4150-8988-11B9FFA4124E.jpeg

Cheers Dave
I’m very new to all this but thought I’d register and discuss all things Landcruiser,
Seamus

Hi ,
Nice looking 70 series.... just a question or thought occurs to me....
Is the cammo scheme the best for travel especially if you plan on traveling further afield into Africa and the like ? Probably best to avoid looking like anything vaguely Military..... in some places it's against the law to even wear cammo if you're not in that countries armed forces .

Hi ,
Nice looking 70 series.... just a question or thought occurs to me....
Is the cammo scheme the best for travel especially if you plan on traveling further afield into Africa and the like ? Probably best to avoid looking like anything vaguely Military..... in some places it's against the law to even wear cammo if you're not in that countries armed forces .
Hi,
Thank you for your kind words. Yes the Camo wrap was done by the previous owner who ran an Overland Company. The thought did of course cross my mind re the camo wrap. I did think it a strange choice as he does venture to Morocco etc. I don’t think he ended up using the truck for his business as he had a 76 series. I do like the camo however I am considering changing it to all one colour as the front cab does needs some cosmetic attention (dreaded rust) It was previously just White on the rear which genuinely looked like a refrigerated delivery vehicle. (I’ve seen pics on the original build on this website) So far I’ve only been to Europe so no dramas.
Cheers Seamus

Seamus,did you buy it from a South African lad,I can't remember his name or company,Barry I think?
Cheers and welcome mate!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Seamus,did you buy it from a South African lad,I can't remember his name or company,Barry I think?
Cheers and welcome mate!
Hi,
Thank you for your message. Yeah I first saw the truck on the internet whilst returning from an overland trip from Portugal on the ferry. Barry (Formerly Waypoint Tours) showed it to me and said he was going to buy it when he returned home. Barry bought the truck to use as his lead vehicle as he provides all the meals for his trips and liked the idea of the additional space over his 76. I understand Barry bought the truck and sent it to West Coast Off Road Centre for some modifications.
Some time had passed I was looking to maybe book another overland trip so had a look for Waypoint tours but couldn’t find it anywhere online. My wife looked on facebook for me but there was so sign of the Waypoint page. I assumed that the Waypoint Tours had closed. I then looked on eBay to see if his Truck(s) might be for sale and eventually found the 75. I contacted Barry via eBay and bought the Truck. Phew! I found an entire account of the build on the internet from the previous owners - Nystrom Overland. I believe from memory it was on this Forum.
Cheers Seamus

Nice one Seamus,good detection work there!
I met Barry in Sagres before one of his Portugal South to North tours and we had a great chat,shame I couldn't join him then.Paul at West Coast Offroad knows alot about LCruisers too.
Cheers

Hi,
After a two day drive from Santander to Sagres we started our trip properly.
This was May 2016. Rainy season was late so we had torrential downpours for 11 days. I managed to drown the TD5 Disco ECU on a very deep crossing, anyway all part of the Adventure. One of the other guys had a very well sorted LC5 invincible prepared by West Coast. When we arrived back to the UK I went on the search of an Invincible but wanted the LC4 (no air suspension or integrated Satnav) which I found. I contacted Paul at Westcoast who was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. After driving the LC4 Invincible (201bhp, auto etc) for a while we decided it was far too nice to off road fully so we bought the 75 fully kitted out instead. I would love to return to Portugal with the 75 but probably at our own pace rather than an organised tour

Back