Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

light bar

Good point! When the roof rack is on, the bar will fit 'inside' the rack, so will have some protection. But for now, no low branches!
Steve

Last edited:
Crumbs - just been out in the dark - well with the light bar it was more like daylight - well impressed, ideal for the little single track roads around here!
Steve

Last edited:
Crumbs - just been out in th edark - well with the light bar it was more like daylight - well impressed, ideal for the little single track roads around here!
Steve
:banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics:

Night pics and where to buy please Steve i think i want one for my boat :think:

Will try and get some tonight - when I get back from the airport (wifey 2 uk today) will park it up so we can see!
see here for link

Steve

Last edited:
Forgive these but......
IMG_0808 (800x533).jpg

Street light (goes off at 10.30pm
IMG_0809 (800x533).jpg

Dipped (HID) Beam
IMG_0810 (800x533).jpg

Main beam (light bar & 2 tiny spots)

IMG_0813 (800x533).jpg

Best I could do direct on

IMG_0814 (800x533).jpg

Main showing local wolf pack........after checking out chooks at the bottom of the garden

Will try again when out and about in total darkness

Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And The Lord said "Let there be light"

With these light bars do you get much reflection off your bonnet please. Trying to way up a couple of things and i am going to be driving in the dark alot more soon.
Stu

What i did with my boat roof lights is set them back a few inches so they cast a shadow over the windscreen .

bonnet is well lit up. depending on how dirty it is and I guess the colour too, will depend on reflection - the point is the spread of light is so vast, you dont notice the bonnet! What you do notice is the lack of light when you switch from main to dip - even with the HID Headlights (now LED) its like driving in the dark for a second or two. Also, you dont notice cars coming the other way untill you see their lights as your main is so much brighter than anything else on the road! Yet to try in the snow though......

when the bonnet light up does it make it hard tyo see out of?
whats the thing with how dirty the bonnet is? mine is the burgandy that all 80 seem to have came in.

No, even when its lit up, so much light in front and to the sides of truck, no problem. Clearly if your bonnets all shiney, it may reflect more, but I have ever had a problem.

Mines dirty most of the time now anyway.
Thanks steve.

No reliability issues? I'm tempted to get a small (12") one for a rear reverse / work light.

none at all - been on for 2 years (OK car has been in the garage being fixed for the best part of that) but still so very impressed with it! I have a small one under the tow bar for a reverse light and a square one on the roof rack as a camp/work light.

No, its just a cheapo from ebay - puts up with lots of crap!

I run mine along the snorkel as well tucked into the window frame as I have a gap/space there. If that's the only wire your running from the roof, some 4bies have a hole just under the gutter of the front door frame on both sides (mine does, just open the door and look for a rubber cap in the body frame) where you can drill a hole through the gutter just above it and run your wires into there through the inside of your car frame down to the front from inside the vehicle. Seal around the drilled hole and wires with some good gap filler.

Think about getting a light Bar, but has anybody got any photos on how you run the cables from the snorkel into the top panel, do you have to remove this panel to drill it? Then is it easy access to bring the cables inside? This top panel is just below the window.
With the light bar, CB and rearview camera, there will be threee cables running inside.
Cheers

I drilled the pannel behind the bonnet, used a flexy gromitt thingy and ran a very tough twin core cable to a box attached to the roof rack and then wired into that.

Back