Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 1990 High Roof 60

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
I bought this in 2003 and ran it till 2005 when I MOT'd it and backed it into the garage to do " a job or two"
There it stayed till this year when someone expressed an interest in buying it so I had to resurrect it to pass it on.
Its a 2H engined automatic with an LSD axle and air con. Underneath is mint and if looked after is 20 years off seeing a welding torch
There are one or two bumps and scratches but its pretty rust free.
Over the last few months I've put it back together with new Toyota dampers, callipers and rebuilt front axle and rear brakes.
After 18 years it started straight up and has run the same as it did before.
I ran it round the village today and it drove great and a good smooth ride.
MOT on Wednesday and it might be finding a new owner next weekend.
IMG_0543.JPG

What it looked like when I started.

What it looks like now.
IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

That’s probably the best one Iv seen in many years Andy….. only if I had the money mate, credit to you.. a 60 is on my before I die list…. Hope it goes to a good home mate

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice one, Andy. Might stop by the Towers and have a look before it goes.

Me too Higgy, learning to drive a manual again.
Mines an oldie Andy, just clicked up 199,000 miles, runs sweet as a nut, They even built the Hilux well back in the day, just like the old LandCruisers….. not so sure about the new ones tho

Nice to see you back Higgy!

You're absolutely right about build quality between old and new as many will agree, the difference between my '92 70 series and my '06 120 series is noticeable when working on them.

Nice to see you back Higgy!

You're absolutely right about build quality between old and new as many will agree, the difference between my '92 70 series and my '06 120 series is noticeable when working on them.
Yeh Iv been lurking about in the background, not sure if I’m allowed to be here now I’m a hilux man… weird tho when I’m in the hilux the interior is not that dissimilar to the old 80… ripped tatty and things falling off and the knocking tapping under powered engine will always remind me of the 120..

Haha, you have certainly been lurking, finding all those disparaging comments quoted about the 120 - I take it you won't do a swap then ? Lol

Now fitted with original wheels.
View attachment 333392

View attachment 333393

The guy buying it decided in the end to go with the original 16" wheels. This would have been my choice . It should have been MOT'd last week but it was raining and I didn't want it to dissolve so I'm waiting for a dry day.
Looks great Andy, I had the same chrome wheels on my old 60, always thought they were after market, didn’t know they were original… great looking truck mate I’m jealous

Back