Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 1990 High Roof 60

MOT today, it did feel familiar even after 18 years. Drove very well to the MOT station, the good condition original springs and new dampers give a pretty good ride and it went pretty well.
Quite a talking point amongst themselves, when I walked in the office with the old (2005) certificate with 15 less miles than it had now.

IMG_0861.JPG
IMG_0859.JPG

This is something you have to get used to, cart springs, live axles and skinny tyres don't add up to great handling. With the addition of the Turbo Technics kit it could really be something.

MOT today, it did feel familiar even after 18 years. Drove very well to the MOT station, the good condition original springs and new dampers give a pretty good ride and it went pretty well.
Quite a talking point amongst themselves, when I walked in the office with the old (2005) certificate with 15 less miles than it had now.

View attachment 333669View attachment 333666

This is something you have to get used to, cart springs, live axles and skinny tyres
Well if you shorten an 80 chassis (a good one) by 150mm then you'll get a better result.. has been done and most importantly it hols old school electronics!

This is the way to go!!

Well done Andy! Looks great. Your new sside steps are waiting patiently for you in my garage ;-)

Made it all the way back to Dublin safely. Happy 60 owner here. I may start my own thread here to keep a record of anything. Thanks again Andy
20231015_161554.jpg

Attachments

• 20231015_161340.jpg
    20231015_161340.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231015_161355.jpg
    20231015_161355.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 11
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This was imported in 98, so it spent its first 8 years in salt free Japan, It had apparently spent time in Africa after Japan before the UK so it's exposure to UK climate was minimal. It then spent 18 years in a dry garage at mine. It really is like a five year old or less underneath.
It'll be interesting to see how it goes when you get the Turbo Technics kit installed.
Good to have met you matey, I had no doubt it would get you home it drove so well. Any help/ advice needed just ask.

Yes mate it was a pleasure to drive. The lads could not believe the comfort of the ride. Thanks for the info.
The old 2H is so quiet and smooth, hard to believe it is an old diesel sometimes. Alot quieter than the 2lte. I'm actually in no hurry to fit the turbo as my driving is very relaxed.

Back