Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member interested in getting a LC.

You could always view the blue one and leave a deposit.

You may have got the false info off someone's advert. I've seen a few traders selling the 4.5 straight six petrol a as v8s.

No I'm sure I wouldn't complain it has more power than the 4.0 v8 in mine and that shifts some for a big old bird. Just like the noise hehe something about a V8 but I have wanted to try a straight 6 ever since the beemer m3's had them in and they sounded lovely. What is the curb weight of the LC 80's? And can they tow 3.5 ton? I imagine they can not looked into it that far yet.

It is a shame that you are not here in thee US. I could build you an 80 with a Chevy Vortec 5.3L,6.0L or 6.2 L, 340HP and up, with either a 4 speed auto trans or NV4500 5 speed manual with granny gear on the bottom and overdrive on the top. One of the most popular chnges is using a 60 series T-case with twin sticks with manual front locking hubs.

I can not post links yet but look up 88 FJ62 5.3L Re-Power on the IH8MUD forum or Hardline Fabrication Services on Face Book

Just ship me your 80 and I'll take care of that V8 you are thinking about :)

Stan

NCFJ but we get the diesels and lockers as standard!!

Oh I am more than aware what the rest of the world gets that our EPA does not allow. Diesel swaps are also popular here, but most are Cummins 4BT and 6BT diesels. The Toyota diesel is hard to come by here. I personally am not a diesel guy, only want one in a tow rig that works for a living. Factory lockers are sought after here as well but most recognize the ARB locker as a more reliable unit. The issue here becomes guys get a 4BT swap because they have jumped on the diesel band wagon only to find out they are loud and vibrate a great deal. Many end up selling within a year of the swap. I've worked on a couple LCs with the stock Toyota diesel and they are an entirely different animal, much smoother and not nearly the noise of the Cummins.

The Hummer had a Vortec 6L V8 and i will spend the rest of my life wishing whatever i'm driving had the same .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I love v8's lol. Don't know why I just do. A 6.0 chevy sounds good but don't be putting these things in my head I haven't even got one yet lol.

Back