Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Non rusty 90 or 120

Paulpen

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Long time no see if many of the names I remeber are still here ?

We will be starting our hunt for one of the above towards the end of the year so thought id put the feelers out incase anyone on here maybe be looking at selling up in the future :)

Good to see you back Paul.

Non rusty 120 ? Have a look to see if there are any unicorns in the back if you find one, lol
Dependant on age, you may find with a lot of searching one with little or no rust if its an import from warmer climes.
Be wary of ones from coastal areas over here or Scotland.
90's are even older.

Yep its been a while Paul. Regarding your search I think patience is the key. 4 years ago it took me 10 attempts to find a decent 120 which I have done my best to preserve. As far as Collies go you might get lucky with an import Prado which might be decent but wont be " Rust free". My V6 Collie is remarkable underneath but it was a "Farmyard find" stood for years and coated in dried mud which had protected it. That said it has slightly deteriorated over the last 8 years but is far better than most.
Good luck with your search.

Good to see you back Paul.

Non rusty 120 ? Have a look to see if there are any unicorns in the back if you find one, lol
Dependant on age, you may find with a lot of searching one with little or no rust if its an import from warmer climes.
Be wary of ones from coastal areas over here or Scotland.
90's are even older.

I know what you mean - maybe I should of said less rust than the usual !

I'd rather get one that's already been welded tbh as long as it's been done to a good standard

Yep its been a while Paul. Regarding your search I think patience is the key. 4 years ago it took me 10 attempts to find a decent 120 which I have done my best to preserve. As far as Collies go you might get lucky with an import Prado which might be decent but wont be " Rust free". My V6 Collie is remarkable underneath but it was a "Farmyard find" stood for years and coated in dried mud which had protected it. That said it has slightly deteriorated over the last 8 years but is far better than most.
Good luck with your search.

I know what you mean as the amount of 100 series I had to look at before I found my last one was mad !

I was planning to narrow my search to certain ages for tax and certain gearbox options etc but I'd rather just take a good condition vehicle wether it LC3 / 4 or 5 etc

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
with little or no rust if its an import from warmer climes.

A while ago I looked a Starship mileage 1996 Prado for sale in Larnaca Cyprus. It had done 495k Km. It was literally like a 6 month old UK truck underneath with 95% if its original black paint underneath. The problem was it was 6K euros and the cheapest on the island.

A while ago I looked a Starship mileage 1996 Prado for sale in Larnaca Cyprus. It had done 495k Km. It was literally like a 6 month old UK truck underneath with 95% if its original black paint underneath. The problem was it was 6K euros and the cheapest on the island.
Not a bad price considering what a rusty one is worth over here !

2003 LC3 120 manual

Not my ideal spec but it's all been welded up along with clutch, cambelt, brakes and tyres done in the last year.

Slightly high miles at nearly 200k but the guy seems really genuine so might not find another like it in a while if it's as advertised !

Not within the last year or two but not sure about before that.

What mileage do they usually seem to cause issues at / how would I know if they are problematic ?

Worst case it's a set of injectors which if you're keeping it long term you'll probably need anyway at some point. Main thing is find one that's solid - most other things can be sorted! Good luck

Hi Paul, be interested why you want a 90 or 120. I have both and they are different animals. A good 120 is a mile muncher and they really have dropped in price of late. Realistically I think my 05 plate 120 LC4 with no welding requirement and injectors done might get £5k bid.

Mainly for size - the Mrs didn't like the 100 series due to its size and feel. They seem to be the next size down and a bit less agricultural to drive.

She was happy with Stu's old 90 when we had it but a 90 now is very hard to find in good condition and also parts etc are getting harder.

A 120 still seems to range from 5k to over 10k and unless you check them out in they can be in various states !

Back