Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OME or Ironman? 2" lift kit.

Whats in the little boxes

I put 50mm Iron Man on my 120 series.
Was on for about 5 years, and 60,000 miles until I sold her.
No problems.

I didn't go for the extreme heavy duty springs, but rather the intermediate range.
"B" springs I believe.

Gra

When I fitted my kit I gained 60mm on the front and 100mm on the rear, just goes to show how it all sags over time and mileage.

The rear shocks are a swine!!!! The top nuts are in a nightmare place to get to and mine were rusted solid, ended up cutting them off. Fronts are a doddle, you did the right thing getting the top mounts Steve. Makes life so much easier.

I did a thread on here called " The only way is up" some pics and bits on there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bracket? The diff on a 90 doesn't drop using a bracket - but no you don't need one, Haakon. You can drop the diff a little bit but as you have said you don't want much lift in any case.

I wouldn't even bother trying to undo the top nuts on the rear shocks. I just cut them straight away. Done in minutes.

Thanks. My experience with lc is limited so I just keep on asking. I read somewhere about some installiing drop kit so that's why

The front diff is a slightly odd thing. It is secured at the front with two big bolts and at the back it sits on a sort of pivot. You can't really change the rear mount, but you can insert some spacers and add longer bolts at the front two. It doesn't drop that far and if you have bash plates on, you can't drop it without cutting away large sections. If you go with a really big lift you really need to fit a top ball joint drop kit. Only thing is, I don't think we've ever found one.

Back