Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Really?

Looks like its back:-

Looks to me like someone has been adding to it. It didn't have the front bumper or the lift when I viewed it and it also looks to have the clocks changed as it had a petrol rev counter ( different red line) and the clocks had the yellow needles not orange.

They could’ve at least tried to match the paint on the hack job they did on the bullbar. And do FTs really red line at 4250? FTEs redline at 4000. Is it actually a 1HZ cluster?

If it is a petrol converted to diesel, the clocks will probably be from the petrol version.

If it is a petrol converted to diesel, the clocks will probably be from the petrol version.
They’re not though - the 1FZ has a 5000 rpm redline. Only one I know that has a 4250 redline is 1HZ. Also 1fz tacho doesn’t work with the signal an FT generates (unless you use an expensive converter), but 1HZ does.

But did UK even get 1HZs?

Hello everyone. Happy holidays. any idea if this small engine is good enough for pulling Landcruiser? A friend shortlisted this one as it’s ULEZ compliant but thinking of depreciation price as he ll use for 3 years and sell it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
[/URL]

Hello everyone. Happy holidays. any idea if this small engine is good enough for pulling Landcruiser? A friend shortlisted this one as it’s ULEZ compliant but thinking of depreciation price as he ll use for 3 years and sell it.
I’m sure it’s fine. It’s a not a full sized Landcruiser - it’s the lightweight light duty version. If it’s factory fitted I wouldn’t worry. Why they call it a “Landcruiser prado” or “Landcruiser Colorado” is a mystery as it’s an entirely different platform and ethos to the proper full size “Landcruiser”. It’s competitors are things like Ford explorer, Land Rover discovery - unlike the Landcruiser’s Patrol or G-Wagon.

If you want to do heavy duty stuff with it in extreme conditions it’s not the right vehicle. I’m guessing he doesn’t though

Reactions: Raj
Back on 80's I think this is a little optimistic

An early manual with cloth interior, no air con and less than impressive MOT history. Yes its low mileage but 30 years old, one owner doesn't mean too much.

Unsurprisingly Andy thats been for sale for a while. Does seem a tad excessive

I'm sure I've read somewhere that some 80's were retro fitted with an after market sunroof by Toyota UK. It certainly looks different to the factory fitted roof in mine. The non factory item had membrane type switches on the control panel IIRC, as opposed to the rocker type on the OEM.

A GS wouldn’t have come with a sunroof from the factory I don’t think so even if specified from new would have to have been fitted after. Alloys have also been fitted later. Looks very nice though and I’m liking the contrast of the original grey bumpers more and more

Looks similar to the sunroof on my GS. Is a nice looking 80

Looks similar to the sunroof on my GS. Is a nice looking 80

And the same on my GS. Was a dealer fitment.

It does look sharp, that said I'd like to have seen the " before" the black dag was applied. I'm only a fan of proper paint on properly prepared metal.

Wrong centre caps for the year, with the possibility that the wheels could have the cone type nuts ( which are wrong for the year).

They are a bit " Plain Jane" with a few bits and bobs missing ( ABS, air con ( which as an £1100 option) etc)

Considering the mileage I wouldn't have expected a brake rebuild necessary or any other remedial work. By the time I sold my first 80 ( 95 VX auto ) it hadn't had any remedial work and I'd have put it against that one and it had done 150k.

Last edited:
Much as I like the 80 series, that is way beyond what I would be prepared to pay for one in any condition.
Let's imagine a brand new, unregistered, late 80 series, delivery mileage only, turned up in an old dealer showroom somewhere. How much would you be prepared to pay for it?

Much as I like the 80 series, that is way beyond what I would be prepared to pay for one in any condition.
Let's imagine a brand new, unregistered, late 80 series, delivery mileage only, turned up in an old dealer showroom somewhere. How much would you be prepared to pay for it?
£30k

It would be based on how much it would cost to get a used one to the condition you want for the the intended use. Maybe up to £40k otherwise I’d start looking at some nice 200s.

There was a 4,700 mile 80 stateside that went for $165k. Collectors logic is different though

Back