Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reversing camera, plus some

Cant seem to find them for a RHD 1997 Prado :(

Maybe I should wire it to a switch so I dont have to be in reverse to use the camera ?

I'm considering the same, or at least an override switch so that I can choose.

Thats cool chap - I thought I had the wiring manuals for it but seems ive only got what looks like LHD ones and Amazon ones :(
Surely the switch, the lever, and therefore the wiring to the reverse switch will all be in the same place whether its LHD or RHD?

Surely the switch, the lever, and therefore the wiring to the reverse switch will all be in the same place whether its LHD or RHD?

I would have thought so JB, but you can never tell with wiring looms, there may be some unexplained differences between LHD & RHD, once you get in there... :think:

You would think so but I didnt want to assume and waste hours and then it not to work.

I think they swap the location of the main interior fuse box on LHD and RHD so they may have the looms take different paths too ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Quick camera reposition & much better now:
20140427_144104.jpg

20140427_144616.jpg

camera angle just gets both corners of rear of truck, or at least within a couple of inches :)

Hey Steve, hows this little bauble working out for you after a bit of road testing? You still a happy bunny or would you try another breed??

Cheers

Sorry guys been out working and got back to sans leccy! Still power back on now ;) Quite happy with it, doddle to fit, havent dont many miles with it, perhaps 60? No off roading bumpy bits as been busy :(. I have it wired so its on all the time - but yes, happy so far! worth the € I paid any day.

Change of plan with my wiring now ive started to put it all together !

Earthing the handbrake wire for passenger entertainent as decided before but now im not going to put a switch on the reverse wire for the headunit as I can just run the camera to the "rca aux in" socket and switch the headunit display when needed. Not only does that mean I dont need to run a wire and switch etc but it also means I can get the camera power from the rear of the vehicle so dont need to run a wire front to back too :)

Change of plan with my wiring now ive started to put it all together !

Earthing the handbrake wire for passenger entertainent as decided before but now im not going to put a switch on the reverse wire for the headunit as I can just run the camera to the "rca aux in" socket and switch the headunit display when needed. Not only does that mean I dont need to run a wire and switch etc but it also means I can get the camera power from the rear of the vehicle so dont need to run a wire front to back too :)

There you go, I thought finding the appropriate plug might save some unnecessary additional wiring...

Yea - just need to find something for the hold thats already in the centre console - oh and totally put my interior back together, and mount the camera !

Slow progress, but its progress :)

I fitted a reversing camera to my LC4 - and I've never looked back :icon-biggrin:

But seriously, these are big crates we drive and ANYTHING that improves visibility is a good thing.

I fitted a reversing camera to my LC4 - and I've never looked back :icon-biggrin: But seriously, these are big crates we drive and ANYTHING that improves visibility is a good thing.

Agreed, since fitting mine I haven't reversed into anything! But, they do take a bit of getting used to, the lens is super wide-angle so the other car that appears 3 m away is actually about 3 cm away! :lol:

Back