Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

To VX or not to VX?

Don't get too hung up on a few k...Break it down into miles per year. 150k on a 13 year old truck is only 12k per year. Hardly considered high miles. I've run mine at 30k miles per year for 6 years...it just keeps doing it's thing. You'll be unlikely to find them with much lower. As others have said, you may well find a well maintained truck with slightly higher mileage with a service history being a better bet than a lower mileage undocumented vehicle.

To put that in context, my neighbour has a 2002 swb with 120k miles on it... Half what's on mine, but it gets farmed every day and most suspension/brake/body parts are snookered.... I would consider mine to be in excellent condition for its mileage... It's all in how it's looked after

IMAG0375_zps6optkvnh.jpg

Bob,

Thanks great advice, i am looking at Euan's truck at the moment and thats looks in great nick, just trying to get the family to see if its for them!

But the advice is great and I shall work on a 10-12K basis and look at SH as a key point, that the main service issues have been covered. I know Euan's truck has and see what happens.

Just always worries me that many garages add a huge song and dance on the truck and jump on the bandwagon it being bulletproof, but I need to see through that.

Another reason checking out the trucks owener here as they know what they are talking about.

Back