Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi all

Peter D

Country Flag
australia
Just completed registration. Have owned a 80 series 1HDT 1993 mod. upgraded (16" wheels) since 1995. Was inter-cooled years ago but just fitted 3" 'Rage' exhaust from NZ. Very please with extra grunt. Has done 425000 kms. Got to 340000 kms and started jumping out of 5th gear when hitting bumps. Decided to fix and removed gearbox. Also wanted to check clutch. Hadn't been touched since new. Whilst out replaced clutch with Exceedy HD still had reasonable beef left. Some surprised. Rebuilt replacing some synchros and bearings seals etc. Fixed jumping out of 5th with heavier detent spring. Checked big end because of factory original recall at 60000 kms. Very slight surface wear decided to replace bearings anyway. Removed LSD and re-set clutches. Still works fantastically but considering Air Locker in front. Fitted: 9000 lb Warn witch, snorkel and spare wheel carrier. Last trip to Daintree Rain Forrest and Fraser Island (Far North Queensland). Didn't get enough time to make it to the Cape but intend to go again.

Last edited:
Nice intro!

Welcome to the forum Peter, and welcome to another 80 as well :thumbup:

Yes, welcome to you and yet another 80 that refuses to die. [emoji4]

Thanks nice to finally be here. Quick story then... Out at an event 6 months ago. Bloke I knew had 18 month old Volvo XC90 which cost him over the $90K. He had another look at mine since he last saw it a few years ago. He asked whether I wanted to do a strait swap. He was serious. I said thanks but no thanks. I've look after it myself except for cv's and wheel bearings when due. Engine goes like it was just running in. Have only rebuilt injectors, pump and turbo once. Only replaced the water pump when I had the radiator out and did the timing belt. Fourth set of tyres I put on Cooper ST maxx. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Hi Peter, welcome to another Aussie tonight. And another 80 owner.
The forum is just getting better every day. :icon-biggrin:
Looking forward to the pix soon.
Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back