Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Back in the day

ChrisNZ

Country Flag
new_zealand
Flicking through some old pics and I found these gems of my engine bay taken the day we took delivery of our 100 back in 2007. Wish it was still that clean now :)

Chch4 (11).JPGChch4 (14).JPG

You could eat your dinner off that....:icon-biggrin:

I don't believe mine has EVER been that clean, I think the dirt came as an optional extra. :laughing-rolling:

So nice!

I clean mine (to an extent) with the jet wash. I try to avoid spray directly into the electrics, but it keeps the paintwork clean and mud and dust at bay.

I spent the first month just looking at it every time we got home.. My missus got jealous lol

I had a test drive in a 200 a couple of weeks ago. Nice but stupid money and no real advantage over the 100 for what we do. Plus I'd be scared to put all the horse gear in a new one for fear of spoiling it. Well and truly over that with our old girl after eight years :)

I've spent a few quid (well, dollars) lately - tyres, all belts and fluids changed, new fog lights etc. The driver's side rear strut has developed a bit of a leak so thinking about upgrading the suspension next. I'd like to do that myself, but I'm not really equipped for it at home.

VX100

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I spent the first month just looking at it every time we got home.. My missus got jealous lol

I had a test drive in a 200 a couple of weeks ago. Nice but stupid money and no real advantage over the 100 for what we do. Plus I'd be scared to put all the horse gear in a new one for fear of spoiling it. Well and truly over that with our old girl after eight years :)

I've spent a few quid (well, dollars) lately - tyres, all belts and fluids changed, new fog lights etc. The driver's side rear strut has developed a bit of a leak so thinking about upgrading the suspension next. I'd like to do that myself, but I'm not really equipped for it at home.

VX100

I'm with you there Chris, and my 80 is 21 next birthday! The co-owner of the company I work for bought a new 200, great machine, even the bells and whistles have bells and whistles on them!

But, apart from driving it around town and an occasional trip out of town, she never uses it for what it was built for. It's a year old now, and despite 15k km on the clock, it's still new...

It cost the best part of €90k, WTF?

I wouldn't dream of doing what I do in the 80 in that, it would be a waste of good paint.

Back