Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

In A Few Billion Years, Half The Earth Won't Be Able To See The Moon

i don't think that far ahead, next week is bad enough

i don't think that far ahead, next week is bad enough

:lol:

Interesting topic though.

What confused me was his comment that the earth would be tidal locked to the moon, long after the sun had died.

It's always been my impression (from other similar documentaries) that the sun will expand in size as it "cools" to the extent that it will engulf all of its orbiting planets and their moons, and melting them into its core as it goes.

So what earth and what moon is he talking about "long after the sun has died"? :think:

Still, some continue to swear that the earth is flat.... their vids make entertaining viewing, I must say :lol: :icon-rolleyes:

You're right Clive, the Sun will engulf the Earth and Moon when it enters it's Red Giant Phase in a few billion years (so the experts tell us) but I reckon, at the rate we're going, we Humans will have destroyed ourselves and the planet long before that happens.

You're right Clive, the Sun will engulf the Earth and Moon when it enters it's Red Giant Phase in a few billion years (so the experts tell us) but I reckon, at the rate we're going, we Humans will have destroyed ourselves and the planet long before that happens.

Agreed, well as much as we may likely destroy ourselves.

IMO the planet will survive us eventually and say good riddance to us. It's survived much worse than our effects since its origin and it will continue to do so until the sun absorbs it...

If you can imagine a spec of dust up against a red wall that will be our planet. The suns diameter will be so big that it will not be possible to see the edge of the sun from the earth at mid day. The whole of the sky will be sun. When dawn occurs the sun will break the horizon for 180 degrees and come over the earth appearing like a huge red barbeque lid closing even though its still a sphere. I know , I went there in a dream.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So, tell me, when the sun is dead, and for argument sake the earth has survived the sun dying and not been cremated in the process, just how would the remaining ice covering that now enshrouds the earth due to there being no heat, still be tidal?

Last edited:
The dying process of the sun is expansion, it's own reduced gravitational power no longer keeping it contained, therefore it will envelop the earth. Earth will fry and become part of the sun's globe.

There won't be an earth any more, what will be left of it will be at 5000 degrees plus....

The dying process of the sun is expansion, it's own reduced gravitational power no longer keeping it contained, therefore it will envelop the earth. Earth will fry and become part of the sun's globe.

There won't be an earth any more, what will be left of it will be at 5000 degrees plus....

Well, as long as it lasts 'til next September . . . . .

Is this that there 'Global Warming' they keep on about? [emoji6]

Our Sun is of such a size it will become a red giant then collapse forming a white dwarf. Much larger stars collapse forming a black hole where gravity is so intense that even light cannot escape. A bit like main dealers and money.

Ha, ha, my missus thinks the 80 is a money black hole :lol:

I daren't tell mine how much I spend on mine.

I made the mistake of keeping full financial records of each vehicle . . . . Bad News.

I have four cars, a Transit 'Cherry Picker', a tractor and five motorcycles.

I also 'look after' the daughters' RAV 4s.

Add to that the cost of the girls' horses and I could have had a luxury yacht and holiday home in the Bahamas !

No wonder I feel constantly 'hard up' :lol:.

Back