Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 or 105 :-)

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Might be a silly question, but apart from getting your head under the front, are there any ways to tell a 100 from a 105 by looking at some advertising pictures. I have found one that is an import and the guy doesn't sem to know alot about them, would be good to know any telltales on the body etc in case one does come up.

Ask him how much it costs to fill? Didn't the 105 have the 180L tank? (Dual 90 tanks)

Yep, it should do
Also does it have a Turbo?
put a link up and we can all put our 6 eggs in
J

All he knows that its an import "innit mate"
Were all the 105's more industrial or did they do them with similar spec to the 100's we see here?

forget sat nav and dvd players in the 105, it was built to be used in the developing world paul. correct me it i am wrong, they only come in manual as well and no leather right?

Another good guide is the back doors, a lot of the 105 have barn doors and if they have up and over doors, the number plate might be on the left with a tyre swing out on the right
I believe the 105 is normally a bit more basic, than a UK VX

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not worried if it is a bit basic inside, i just think it is the best mix of vehicle that will suit me the most.
What were the engine options?

The best thing to do is to get him to pop the bonnet and see if he can read an engine number -the 105s had the basic non turbo 1HZ engine and the 100s have the 1HD-FTE engine.

Do you have any photos of the engine bay or interior?

If you can get me VINs I can probably look it up for you.

The 105 came standard in a GX spec, so pretty basic. The top spec was a GXL - some GXLs had autos. I've only seen the auto in the petrol option - as mentioned previously, the majority are manuals. Very few 100s are manuals, especially the VXs.

The 105s either have the 1HZ diesel (no turbo :o ) or the 1FZ petrol (4.5l straight six) - none of the 100s got either of those engines AFAIK. Most 105s have front and rear lockers, so look for the same rotary locker switch as the 80s have - the 100 diesels with the rear locker have the same switch but only with the "RR" option for the rear locker.

One thing I have noticed with import 105s is they often seem to have chrome rear view mirror covers (i.e the front cover is chrome). Most (UK) 100s either have colour coded rear view mirrors or black. So that may be a visual check you can do.
The majority have cloth & plastic interiors but leather seats were a factory option, so you see the odd one with leather - probably likely to be a GXL rather than a GX.

HTH!

Cheers,

Fantastic response as always so cheers guys.

It turned out to be just an imported VX but is still very nice.

I notice that Chequered/dodgy car sales also has an import in and quite low priced, wonder why considering his pricing strucure and methods.

Paul said:
I notice that Chequered/dodgy car sales also has an import in and quite low priced, wonder why considering his pricing strucure and methods.
It MUST be knackered if they're selling it at a knock down price :evil:

Would you belive that it is a mint example, and the best example he has ever seen ;) ;) ;)

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Andrew Prince said:
Paul said:
It MUST be knackered if they're selling it at a knock down price :evil:

We should all call up in half hour intervals and enquire. Would be funny to watch the price (and spec / Reg plate) climb as there is interest. :twisted:

Paul - Your pondering from Monday is growing into an obsession!

Blame Julian, he said the 100 was better than an 80 and being such a good bloke i can't possibly doubt him

I didn't say better, just different
Different in the fact that independent front suspension tends to drives better
Different in the fact the 80 solid axle tends to better of road
>Full back pedal mode: ON<

Julian said:
Different in the fact that independent front suspension drives better
Different in the fact the 80 solid axle is better of road

Back peddle all you like, Paul is about to spend some money because of you... :twisted:

Crispin said:
Julian said:
Different in the fact that independent front suspension drives better
Different in the fact the 80 solid axle is better of road

Back peddle all you like, Paul is about to spend some money because of you... :twisted:

I should have let him have a drive of mine, although it might not have been that fair as I have put quiet a lot of work into fixing the front end travel with different front upper control arms, longer travel shocks, diff drop bar etc! :shock:

Crispin said:
And then he'll get some money back selling his 80 ;) :mrgreen:

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Crispin":1vc5bd0u]Back peddle all you like, Paul is about to spend some money because of you... :twisted:
And then he'll get some money back selling his 80 ;) :mrgreen:[/quote:1vc5bd0u]

We not helping... :mrgreen:

Well the plan is to go and look at a few and drive some too then i will make up my mind.

There maybe some changes in my work coming up and i will need a "regular car" and i think the 100 fits the bill as i could never see myself in a ford focus, and for the money, a 100 of a decent spec (ICE etc) is fantastic value for money, i tend to move trailers about too so towing is an issue. My mother slipped on the running boards of the 80 when getting in which is a problem at her age and could be serious so height is also an issue.
I will end up getting it muddy i suppose, but not like on monday as that is what the 80 is for. It would also give me time to do some of the mods on the 80 that i have to take it off the road for.
If things then progress and i want to uprate the 100 to offroad use then i will rethink things.

Thats a little insight to my mind, which is a scary place at the best of times......... :twisted:

Back