Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series Gullwings (The Cruiser Company)

Bloody hell mate, sounds like they didn't do any research at all on what vehicle they THOUGHT they MIGHT fit. Having said that, it's a wonder they fit as well as they do ??

Well a little fettling today and some tool fabrication plus the sacrificial door panel and although it appears to be nothing I now have a degree of bend that i am happy with. Would have liked the right side to not be as sharp but given how short the bend needed to be its still acceptable. I might even be able to ease this off a little on the actual panel. No noticeable damage to the powdercoat other than a few tool marks from the first pass which have been resolved ready for the actual panels.

20220206_194503.jpg

Well that's a bit better. Even had a couple of black bolts to replace the 2 silver "nipples" that were there.

I perhaps could have done a little more graduation on the top section as it steps slightly but it's 100% better than before

20220209_171724.jpg

20220209_171738.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Considering what you had to start with a flat sheet of metal and the limited selection of tools you have done a bloody hard job rectifying a extremely bad job from the other side of the world best I can do is congratulate you and be in the queue at the April meet to buy you a pint or a double

I'd quite like a passenger side gullwing but looks like this might be a company to avoid if that's their finished design and not a mistake! A bit of fettling's not so bad on something cheap but I doubt these were. If they sent you 2 passenger side panels maybe you can recoup some cost by selling the surplus parts?

Sure HMG could sell you the one he fixed

@Jon Wildsmith they dispatched today the new parts I need and some new doors. I will know from that how the design sits and what spares I have left. I don't think they are sending completely new sets but I may be wrong. Your more than welcome to have a look at what's left and make me an offer.

I'm definitely interested in that Chris. Let me know when you're ready and I'll come have a look.

Amazing work HMG

So if this supplier is to be avoided, do we know of another supplier that might work?

Pugwash you driving an 80 if so give Starcruiser a shout as he is the one sorting out the door conversion for 80s

Pugwash you driving an 80 if so give Starcruiser a shout as he is the one sorting out the door conversion for 80s
Thanks Steve - the 80 has gone unfortunately- just have a 100 now (which is great, but different......)

@pugwash avoidance I can't currently comment on until they have had chance to rectify the issues. The other brand I looked at was Emuwing. Nearly twice the cost though but appear more established.
I've offered @StarCruiser the opportunity to take measurements or components that i've removed. to work on his range for 100 series.

Can’t honestly believe what I’m reading in this thread. To supply unfinished product is appalling.
To curl a sheet of metal it needs to be put through the ‘rolls’. A constant slight bending process across the whole surface. Take it to any self respecting sheet metal shop and ask that they put the plain sheet through the rolls to give a 10mm gap in the middle as a start point. Trying to bend otherwise will result in an imperfect finish.

I see they’ve attempted to copy my design. Such is life. I’m not sure how much these were but this neatly illustrates some of the work that goes into mine to make them what they are…a product I’m proud to sell to fellow Cruiser owners.

Well my missing parts and new doors arrived... Guess what... yep...the doors are designed flat...

Having had the time to look at it further. I think part of the issue is the single skin design. There is a flat appature but a curved body line.

Now I have an idea on what I need to do with this side, install should be a lot easier. Tempting fate...@StarCruiser I will see what services I have locally now I know fit is feasible.

20220223_134511.jpg

Well here it is. The only modification I've done is the slight bend o the top black piece. The rest is as supplied. It does need the corners rolling in again to sit nicely. Better than the first lot but still not perfect.
20220224_174450.jpg

20220224_174507.jpg

Back