Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100-Series Inner Sill replacement

Now ordered :thumbup: .

(They don't do a whole shell do they ? . . . :whistle:).

Bob.

Afternoon all, and sorry for high jacking the thread, for anyone interested iv just had my inner sills done, fortunately plenty of good metal to weld to however still a task! The holes haven't actually shown themselves it was me poking about in there.
IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1768.JPG

As Geoff suggested with enough metal left you can cut around a third of the new sills and use what's left
IMG_1775.JPG

The culprit! Drain slots that never get cleared
IMG_1777.JPG

Primed and Hamerite stonchip both near and offside, also a liberal couple of coats of Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 before the new sill is welded on it comes with a 600 mm lance with a 360 degree spray nozzle, you can get into all the hard to reach places.
IMG_1784.JPG
IMG_1785.JPG
IMG_1786.JPG
IMG_1787.JPG
IMG_1787.JPG
IMG_1307.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can you tell me where you got the inner sills and do you knoew rhe part numbers
I take my hat off to you great job

Here's the diagram:

!00 - Body Panels.png

Part Numbers:

Right-hand: 57411B - (57401-60080) - Member, floor side, inner RH

Left Hand : 57412B - (57402-60090) - Member, floor side, inner LH

I got mine from Toyota, via Simon Holton, but There is a Polish Co. that has various body panels (much thinner than the Toyota ones) sold via e-Bay as "Easyparts.UK".

These were the rear wheel arch panels I bought - have a look for inner sills.

Bob.

Thanks just scraped mine and found a 2” hole so may get parts and wait a while . Having seen yours I can see why rust proofing misses it, I now have filled with bilthamber . No rust elsewhere

Stick with it and bare this in mind;- The new Land Cruiser (if you could afford or even want one) is a four year global waiting list. I bought mine back in December and I have only just got it on the road for May. Yours is similar to mine but I have to say that yours is worse, however, I bought new wings for mine as they were beyond any form of salvation.
After the extensive sill work, it has had four coats of undercoat and two pack, plus the Wax oyl treatment. I dont regret a minute of it. Worth doing.

Mine needs no body work thank heavey

Attachments

• 3B7E2460-518B-42A2-AE52-5F3E23EB597E.jpeg
    3B7E2460-518B-42A2-AE52-5F3E23EB597E.jpeg
    567.8 KB · Views: 24
if your keeping ahc , nows the time to cut the holes above rear rams , makes them easy to change and also the rear lines can be easily replaced .

Back