Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series Radio Head Unit Replacement

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Has anyone done it?

Not worried about the wiring or mounting side of things but the existing head unit seems to be slightly overlapped by the dash panel and the opening may not be large enough for the new one to poke through, I know some have the thin strip around the edge that can be left off but this can look untidy so wondered if anyone has replaced theirs. Cheers

Hi my mechanic replaced my head unit and gps unit. The screen on my new one is 8inch so he had to cut out the edge of the plastic dash plate. He did it very carefully and looks brilliant. So it can be done

Hi my mechanic replaced my head unit and gps unit. The screen on my new one is 8inch so he had to cut out the edge of the plastic dash plate. He did it very carefully and looks brilliant. So it can be done
Pics?

cant change mine as the ventilation is controlled via the touch screen :(
really wanted a apple play screen :(

Paul.

I have a Pioneer HD1BT installed in my '99 and it fits straight in, no trimming required. The HD1BT may be quite old now but is still a great unit - Ipod, Bluetooth, built in Hard drive which records every CD you put into it until it is full so no CD stacker required. The iPod connection is a bit slow however. Also has camera inputs (I have front and rear cameras) and output for other screens (I'm going to be getting a roof mount Xtrons unit to connect to it for my Grandson.

cant change mine as the ventilation is controlled via the touch screen :(
really wanted a apple play screen :(

I agree the late 100 Series have this problem of knowing what to do with the 'soft' switches for the ventilation system on the touch screen. I haven't looked at this yet but I wondered whether the soft switches could be replaced by manual switches (perhaps like the pre-2004vearly trucks with a/c) and put these in the space where the cassette player is. Then the sat-nav/radio/rear camera could be updated by a modern 2 DIN unit. I seem to recall that there are some detailed posts on IH8Mud where people have bonded an iPad mini into a fibreglass surround, finished and sprayed which looked pretty neat. This will be one of my winter projects so if somebody can sort all the issues out before then I'd be much appreciated

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back