100 series wheel carrier

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
I've had this OEM style wheel carrier I modified for a while and finally decided to fit it in preparation for doing some trips this year! I got quite far with installing it and then for some crazy reason decided to challenge myself to make a chassis mounted carrier that worked with the OEM bumper instead! There was a lot of head scratching to get a sturdy enough structure for the spindle to poke up out of the OEM bumper in just the right spot! If you ever fancy a challenge, have a good look at the inside shape of a 100 series bumper in that corner! It would have been a lot easier to build a whole bumper and stick the carrier on that, but I don't want the weight of a steel bumper.

oem1.jpg
wc1.jpg
wc2.jpg
wc3.jpg
wc4.jpg
wc5.jpg

Where do those crazy ideas come from, eh? The brain is a dangerous thing.

Looks like a bought one. Neat idea for the Hi Lift carrier JW. :icon-biggrin:

Just machining up a couple of carrier pivots myself actually. This virus has everyone itching.

Where do those crazy ideas come from, eh? The brain is a dangerous thing.

Looks like a bought one. Neat idea for the Hi Lift carrier JW. :icon-biggrin:

Just machining up a couple of carrier pivots myself actually. This virus has everyone itching.
It's a good job I don't charge myself or it would have been cheaper to have bought one. Have fun with yours :icon-biggrin:

Looks great Jon.

Would be good if they let us out so we can go on a few trips.

I understand that completely Jon. If I charged by the hour, it'd be cheaper for people to buy the company!

Not making a carrier for me though. Just the pins for someone.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello Jon could I ask is there much left of the old carrier and would it be for sale if so how much and could I have first refusal please I have some wheel carriers so rewelding is no problem and that is a good bit of engineering you have done there

I chopped it up to use on the new wheel carrier so there's nothing left really. The top mount makes a great antenna mount!

Back