Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

105 FSM

Scott

Does anyone know where I can find, or have a download of, the 105 series Factory Service Manual? I need to replace a front inner axle oil seal, so I'm after the torque figures. I have an 80 series FSM and would think they would be very similar, if not the same, but I'd like FSM to confirm.

AFAIK it is an 80 axle, there were changes to the output shaft on the steering it now being beefier (sell me yours? :icon-biggrin:), but as the rest has shown to be pretty strong a good bet it is the same.

Just a thought, email Marlin Crawler in the states or Cruiserparts, they may have the parts you require or at least know if the 80 interchanges with the 105.

Regards

Dave

Does anyone know where I can find, or have a download of, the 105 series Factory Service Manual? I need to replace a front inner axle oil seal, so I'm after the torque figures. I have an 80 series FSM and would think they would be very similar, if not the same, but I'd like FSM to confirm.
Torque is usually based on bolt type and hardness so I would imagine there would be no downside to using the 80 specs.

Thanks for the reply Dave. Getting the parts was no problem, Simon got them no problem. Agreed it should almost be identical to an 80 axle, but the hub is definitely different as an 80 takes a six stud wheel, the 105 has a 5 stud.

I have the 105 parts and an 80 FSM so I shouldn't be too far off, just like to be as thorough as poss.

Torque is usually based on bolt type and hardness so I would imagine there would be no downside to using the 80 specs.
Agreed, they shouldn't be far off. Once I've stripped the 105 axle I'll see what differences Mr T has made to the design.

Agreed, they shouldn't be far off. Once I've stripped the 105 axle I'll see what differences Mr T has made to the design.
That would be interesting to see Scott. If there are no differences then I guess they finally got it right but if there's new improved bits, maybe we can adopt them on the 80s. Like the needle roller bearings inside the stub axles for instance. :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What about a later model 70 series FSM as they went to 5 studs as well?

The axles are different the studs on the 105 are bigger then the 80 so torque will be different.

Try signing to to the landcruiser S.A. FORUM or there is some AUS ones for the 105

Scott - I've put my 105 FSMs on dropbox - email me at robcsadams [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll send you a link so you can download.

Hi Rob, I have sent a request as well. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi James - I need your email address to share the file with you on dropbox. Send it to me at robcsadams [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll connect

Rob, many thanks for the manual -- now to attack that rear wiper that only works with a rear door open !!
Best Regards
Greg

Rob, many thanks for the manual -- now to attack that rear wiper that only works with a rear door open !!
Best Regards
Greg
Almost certainly a break in the wires where they bend in the loom to the door Greg. Get it working then bend the loom back and forth gently to try and make it fail.

Probably not the right place to discuss this Rob - but here goes anyway.
The rear wiper does not work at all until either one of the rear doors or the tailgate
are opened - then it all works fine (even the delayed wipe) but as soon as the door is closed
the wiper loses its 12v feed and stops after self parking - it's looking more and more like
an Instrumentation ECU fault dammit !!!

Probably not the right place to discuss this Rob - but here goes anyway.
The rear wiper does not work at all until either one of the rear doors or the tailgate
are opened - then it all works fine (even the delayed wipe) but as soon as the door is closed
the wiper loses its 12v feed and stops after self parking - it's looking more and more like
an Instrumentation ECU fault dammit !!!
Pop a new thread up under the 105 section Bob, you’ll get more responses especially if you title it ‘Rear wiper only works with door open’. Have you checked the loom as above, it will almost certainly be where there is a break in the wire.

Hello @Robzimbo! Would you mind sharing the dropbox folder with me as well? I have already sent you an email, not sure if it got to your inbox or spam folder...

Anyway, I´d really appreciate if you could share the folder with me as well.

Cheers from Brazil!

Back