Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

12 Valve heaven

Heaumey

Country Flag
uk
WP_20161025_09_50_32_Pro.jpg

Job for today, sort out these bad boys. At least the access to the front is good.

Interesting to see the differences externally. I thought it was Yanmar that they were badged, these are clearly Yamaha.

Interesting to see the differences externally. I thought it was Yanmar that they were badged, these are clearly Yamaha.
Yanmar are the more popular model and still produce a 315hp 24 valve version, Yamaha packed in diesels a few years ago but still a few around.

Yanmar are the more popular model and still produce a 315hp 24 valve version, Yamaha packed in diesels a few years ago but still a few around.
Thanks, looks like my one functioning grey cell got something right… again. :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What hp do they get out of the 12valve out of interest? And do they need the uprated pistons for that?

245 from the 12 valve, Yamaha and Yanmar use there own pistons (Probably the same). Will have a dig around the workshop as we have a set of new pistons somewhere to see if the boxes show any markings.

I believe Yamaha also manufactured the engine for the early 90's Toyota Celica.

Any chance you could get the engine numbers please ?

Hi I like that I had a 1979 Celica it wood red line in top gear at 140 love it.

my mr2 was fitted with a Yamaha motor, 3sgte, celicas as well.

Yamaha Sti's as they are known, awesome bits of kit. The big power Yanmar's run 14mm diameter fuel pump heads (The biggest of any Bosch VE pump) thats how they make the power. On boats you have limitless cooling almost which helps.

Back