Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 Invincible,what years and spec. ?

toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
was the 120 Invincible sold in 2006 and 2007 only?

was it much the same as an LC5?

Cheers

was the 120 Invincible sold in 2006 and 2007 only?

was it much the same as an LC5?

Cheers
There are two versions of the 120 Invincible , the 2006 to 2007 Invincible were LC4 spec with a power chip to raise the power to 201 bhp from the standard LC4 which was about 166 bhp , and the later Invincible came out around 2008 to replace the LC5 and did not have the power chip to increase bhp , and the difference to the LC5 was higher spec interior like real wood black walnut door /dash inserts instead of plastic fake wood , and also had part wood steering wheel with controls on steering wheel for audio and blue tooth which was standard , tinted headlights , tinted front grill and wheels , other wise was standard LC5 , power output on all late 2007 120s went up to 173 bhp , and around 305 pounds or torque .

thanks Tony
i'm looking for another 120 this summer in the UK
i've allready got an LC3,which i'm very happy with
would be nice to find a low mileage LC4,LC5 or Invincible
i think i'd rather have 200 bhp than black wood...
cheers

Why did they remove the power upgrade in the later ones? How does the upgrade work, is it just an ECU change or are there physical differences?
The power upgrade was not done by Toyota at the factory , it was done by Toyota GB and was just a plug and pay chip tuning box , the reason they stopped using the tuning box was for reliability reasons , as the injectors are wearing out they allow more fuel into the engine and so does the chip tuning box together making the engine run way too rich , and too much fuel can cause way too much heat and can cause the pistons to crack or end up with a hole in them , but before that usually happens the engine will go into limp mode , as any one who has had a tuning chip box for a long time and done high miles or set it on max setting and used it on full acceleration regularly will usually end up sending the engine into limp mode , plus when that starts to happen loads of black smoke is emitted out of the exhaust , Toyota tune their engines fuelling for reliability and long life at the max power they think is the best balance for power and long life .

thanks Tony
i'm looking for another 120 this summer in the UK
i've allready got an LC3,which i'm very happy with
would be nice to find a low mileage LC4,LC5 or Invincible
i think i'd rather have 200 bhp than black wood...
cheers
You can get a similar power upgrade by deleting the EGR valve adding a K&N airfilter and venting the crank case gas from the rocker box to air via a oil catch can , and at the same time not affecting the engines long life and reliability and from going into limp mode from the over fuelling of the tuning box .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
my 'tunit' box lasted about 10 years at max setting Tony
then went into limp mode and ended up in the bin
gona try that Ozbush fuel controller this summer,with EGR removal etc.
If you use a EGR delete/fuel mapper like OZ bush or any EGR delete electronic plug in device make sure you fit a full blanking plate at the cylinder head end of the egr cooler to stop the turbo pushing red hot exhaust gas into the egr cooler , because the egr will be shut at the egr end and the hot exhaust gas will circle in the egr cooler and can not escape and over time and can crack the coolant fins that keep the egr cooler from overheating , if they crack coolant will leak into the engine and can possibly hydro-lock it .

do you have to seal the blanking plate with gasket sealant?

do you have to seal the blanking plate with gasket sealant?
No you just slip it in after undoing the two 10mm nuts at the engine end of the egr cooler , and do not over tighten as they can snap . look on ozbush websight under download instruction manual and other useful information and look on the list and it has step by step photos and instructions , I prefer the plate with cutouts instead of round holes for the bolts and a small tag the you bend 90 degrees that you can get on ebay from a company called Kaon 4x4 if you have the EGR delete devise get a full blank plate with no hole in the middle ,and slip it up and under with a long nosed pliers , coz you need skinny little hands to slip it in with your fingers ,

i've got a Safari snorkel
would i notice much difference with a K & N air filter as well?

cheers

ps drive your 120 to the UK for a holiday
then i can by it...
Ha Ha mines a late 2009 invincible with many mostly small mods and low miles 84k and was in very good condition when I got it , and I have spent the last 5 years bringing my 120 back to very almost as new condition inside and out , and with the mods better than the original 120 that came out of the factory , and its not for sale as I have got the 120 just how I want it but thanks for the offer , I will give you this advice if you have a snorkel , lots of people have the air inlet to the snorkel facing forward which in a hot dry climate will suck in bugs let in bits of bush twigs grass when off the beaten track , and even worse when following other cars/trucks on dusty roads the intake facing forward sucks in all the dust the cars in front are throwing up blocking and choking the standard paper filter very fast , so my advice is turn the intake on the snorkel round so it gets the air from behind letting in much less dust, twigs , grass , bugs , and makes the snorkel that little bit more aerodynamic and the engine will still get all the air it needs , and with a K&N air filter the oiled fibres hold dirt while still letting air in and you can wash it any time you want to bring it back to as new , paper filters give all the air a engine needs when new or clean but once they get a bit dirty start to restrict air flow and the engine loses power .

thanks Tony
my snorkels always face backwards,because of cleaner air and they look better...

it's time we had a sticky thread charting the history of the 120 series models

i'll start it off,correct me if i'm wrong;

Land Cruiser 120 series 2003-2009

LC3-spare wheel on back door,rear locker,cloth seats...

LC4-spare wheel underneath,leather seats

LC5-spare wheel underneath,leather seats,air suspension

Invincible 2006-2009

2006-2007 200bhp
2007-2009 170bhp and 'black wood trim'

Yeah i don't think any of that is accurate. The wheel on back door+ under slung was an option till almost the end when the 3rd iteration of the invincible was launched.

The first iteration of the invincible was positioned between the lc4 and lc5. The second one was a variation of the lc5, with a raised suspension and tune box. Tyre final one was positioned at Tue highest trim.

There was also the lc2. Atleast 1 of those was sold.

Yeah i don't think any of that is accurate. The wheel on back door+ under slung was an option till almost the end when the 3rd iteration of the invincible was launched.

The first iteration of the invincible was positioned between the lc4 and lc5. The second one was a variation of the lc5, with a raised suspension and tune box. Tyre final one was positioned at Tue highest trim.

There was also the lc2. Atleast 1 of those was sold.
There were no tune box on the second variation of the invincible , I have one and I had three sale brochures one the final sales brochure of the LC120 line up that is dated July 2008 I still have that one as it was as new condition I kept it . on the bottom corner the other one was dated nov 2007 , the later brochure also comes with a DVD that has the full history of the landcruisers from the very first one as well as the 120 adverts and sales pitch , that the car owner got when he bought the 2009 120 that I have , and there is no LC5 in the sales brochure , it was replaced by the invincible that had the same TEMS and rear air suspension that is no higher than the standard LC5 as I also have the Landcruiser sales brochure up to july 2006 which has the lc120 line up of 4.0 V6 petrol and 1KD and the Amazon 4.7 v8 petrol and 4.2 diesel . the brochures have all the technical specs colours trims , standard equipment and optional equipment and the accessory's at the back pages .

Back