Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bye Bye Willow, Hello ????????????

Ecky Thump

Garage
Well, er in doors has been pestering for weeks now to change her motor.

When she bought Willow last year it was the best move ever and Willow was the best motor in the world.
However I had a few misgivings. The 90 is a fantastic motor but with only three doors and two bloody great Dobermanns I sort of knew things were going to go pear shaped.

DSC_0003.jpg

So we started to look around and what did she fall in love with??????
A Mercedes SLK.
Now, I don't know about you, but Willow started to look really good again.
I had visions of my 80 becoming the dog carrier whilst she swanned around in her soft top Merc.

So I started to dig in and suggest what were to me some more sensible motors.

During the early hours of this morning we set off to look at a few motors and after many hours and a lot of crawling under motors, she finally settled on what I believe is an awesome motor.

SAM_0952.jpg

SAM_0953.jpg

She is a 4.5 Petrol with 202000 miles on the clock and she is in fantastic condition.
The low box is really sweet and all the lockers work which really takes the michael, as our gert will never off road her or let me even drive her I bet.

Very nice! Coming to happy valley then this weekend with it? :shh:

Very nice indeed... won't that be expensive to run as a daily motor?

I have sent off for quotes for the LPG conversion.
I used to run a V8 Disco on LPG and really rate it.

Them tail lights - Do they come off a Saxo? :lol:

Them's the first thing we intend to sort out.
They were bloody hopeless following her down the M1 today.
Why the hell anyone would want to fit them, I don't know.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Christ dude that was quick!

The thought of the merc would motivate me too!

Tommo&Claire said:
Christ dude that was quick!

The thought of the merc would motivate me too!

I just had to steer away from a soft top Merc. I was surprised that she went for the 80 though.

And get this..................what sold it to her...................She likes the bonnet spoiler/bra. I'll never figure women out as long as I live.

I can't believe how sweet it is to drive and so far everything works fine. It belonged to a gunsmith who took clients shooting in it so I suspect it has done a lot of motorway miles up to Scotland on a regular basis, even had a twelve bore cartridge in it. He bought it as an ex demo so it has only been owned by him and Toyota.

So, here we go then..

LPG System, all terrains, rear wheel carrier, snorkel, CB Radio, waterproof electrics.....

Nice find, looks a great truck
The other thing that strikes me is how similar it is to an SLK :?

Julian said:

PMSL. . . . Yes the similarities are staggering.

Just been reading through the paperwork that came with it. Every reciept including the first bill of sale where he chopped in a three year old 4.2 diesel 80 on an L plate for his new £37,000 motor. A full service history from day one to 176,000 miles all at a Toyota dealership in Doncaster. That means only 26000 miles not serviced over three years.

Mark Meggy said:
Nice new addition! Sell me willows headlamps please ;)

Sorry mate, it will be going on e-slay as soon as the 80 is gas converted.
Got to be honest, Willows headlamps are pants and if we were keeping it I would have changed them for the later square ones.

Les, you must remember not to take it to Slindon, the doors look to straight

On a different matter, is it just the pictures or does your's have a bit of a list to port?

Julian said:
Les, you must remember not to take it to Slindon, the doors look to straight

On a different matter, is it just the pictures or does your's have a bit of a list to port?

She has already green laned it today :dance: but no you are right. Slindon and doors don't mix to well :lol:

Mine seems to list slightly to either side depending on how it feels :D
On very rare occasions it even sits straight.

I thought that when i saw the picture but assumed it was just the surface it was sitting on?

Hi Mark ive got two spare square headlamps that might be just what you lookin for just let me know :thumbup:

Great stuff Ecky, well done for swinging her :clap:
Has yours got F+R difflocks?......err, yet? :twisted:

Julian said:
:lol:

Jimbo4x4 said:
Great stuff Ecky, well done for swinging her :clap:
Has yours got F+R difflocks?......err, yet? :twisted:

Just need to persuade the gaffer to go away for a few days and I'll ,,,er,,,,,fit my difflocks,,,,er,,,,that I found cheap :oops:

Nice motor - looks in great condition. :thumbup:

Back