Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

12V Digital LCD Temperature Controller

That is amazing good value.

As for the round probe?

I guess your wanting it for water engine temperature?

Do you want control, or just read out?

If I were installing it, I would think about buying a http://www.superpneumatic.com/brass-fittings-pipe.html

First item in the title, then drill and tap into the water jacket some where, Thermostat?

Gra.

I was thinking something like a copper 'P' clip that is used for fixing Pyro cable might do it, to hold it in close contact, it would be easier than having to tap a thread?

You could probably replace the probe with a different one....

What are you hoping to measure? How robust is that sensor / will it survive living in an engine bay instead of a fish tank and the temperature range doesn't look very useful - just about covers normal operating temperatures for coolant and sensors are least accurate at the extremes of their quoted range so it may not even be very accurate at those normal temps ...

Thanks for pointing that out Jon, I must admit I hadn't noticed the temp range, maybe not such a bargain then :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Chas,

But what are you going to use it for?

Will it be for monitoring, or for controlling some thing?

Gra.

ben said:
my mate ordered one of these a week or so ago. it should be here soon, so once ive had a look at it i will let you know if its any good. if it is, im going to get one. :thumbup:
it does look very similar to the more expensive one below. :think:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110815948233? ... 1423.l2649
I'm watching that one too, they look identical apart from the sensors. I wasn't thinking of using it for control just as a more reliable means of monitoring.

Jon Wildsmith said:
What are you hoping to measure? How robust is that sensor / will it survive living in an engine bay instead of a fish tank and the temperature range doesn't look very useful - just about covers normal operating temperatures for coolant and sensors are least accurate at the extremes of their quoted range so it may not even be very accurate at those normal temps ...
What is the normal temp of the coolant Jon? I've just found another unit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120858938113? ... 1423.l2649 which says "Temperature Controller Specifications
•Temperature Measuring Range: -50 ~ 110 °C" but then later says "Thermocouple Specification •Measurement range: -50 to 300 °C" so why the difference :think: But it does have an M8 screw-in sensor. :thumbup:

I don't know what the normal temperature range would be when you're measuring the temperature of a random bolt on the engine but coolant temperatures I've observed in the top hose on the 100 were mid 90's once warmed up through to about 125 working very hard. Top hose gives you an idea how much heat the engine is making, bottom hose gives you an idea how well the radiator is doing, ideally you'd measure both but I made do with an X fan switch in the bottom hose and measuring the top hose temp.

That's a better temperature range, more than plenty! I think you'll have to be the forum guinea pig and let us know if it works Chas :lol:

Well I've got to buy it yet, also get the cruiser back from Julian, but there's no rush for that until I'm able to insure it :cry:

my mate's one of these has arrived from Hong Kong, and he said hes impressed with it so far. :think:

hes dropping it off to me this week so i can have a proper look at it before i order one. :thumbup:

I ordered one on friday ..
Not for my cruiser tho ..
It's For a Nissan sunny gtir or godzuki as it's known

why is it called godzuki?

some sort of hybrid maybe? nissan sunny body sat on an sj/vitara chassis? :think:

People gave the the Nissan skyline Gtr a nickname of Godzilla
And Godzuki was Godzilla's son ..

The Nissan Sunny/pulsar Gtir is thought to be like a baby skyline Hence the nickname of Godzuki
Has factory atesa 4x4 system (very similar system to the skyline) and 220bhp .
Now has 366bhp and flies :D

only ever 220 sunny gtir's sold in england
more commonly known as a pulsar gtir (jap import)

Back