Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1977 FJ40 heater hoses in engine compartment

Fiji944

Country Flag
united_states
I bought a 1977 FJ40 last Spring and have really enjoyed driving it back and forth to the beach in Charleston South Carolina. My FJ was a father / son resto project and overall they did a pretty nice job putting everything back together. For my winter project I decided to clean up some of the components under the hood to make it look a little more original. I've restored several cars over the years and have to admit this one has really been fun to work on. I'm new to this forum and have a question regarding the heater hose going to the heater valve on the firewall. It looks to me like the previous owner changed some things around and I'm trying to figure out exactly what they did. The drawings I've seen in various manuals show just one hose coming off the intake manifold just behind the carb and hugging the firewall then finally attaching to the heater valve. I have two other hoses coming off the block below the intake which tie into the other hose through two metal tee and y connectors. Seems like something is not right. Anyone out there have a drawing or some suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I suggest that you have a look at the Spector Offroad website - sor.com - as they have plenty of detailed drawings that will show the original layout and hoses. most of us on this side of the Atlantic have diesels and the layout may not be exactly the same.

Regards,

Back