Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1982 60 series

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
For sale on this side of the water, owner doesn't even know what it is. Happen to know he wants €2000 for it. Although the sills look rotten... Would have a stab at it myself if I had the readies.

http://www.donedeal.ie/view/10149226

Some fairly major bodywork required there Bob, if it looks rotten on a crappy little picture you'll be able to put your hands through it in the flesh so to speak!!

Sorry just telling it like it (virtually always) is.

If you had the time and the skill, it would be perfectly possible to do it yourself for a fairly minimal outlay, but that is the only way it would be viable.

I well believe it's rotten Yogi, first thing I thought was the sills are gone, so God knows what the chassis is like. But on the other hand, 60's are very rare these days, and I do a decent bit of restoration work on tractors, so while it would be a step up, it's not something I'd be afraid of. Not to mention the shame it would be if it ended up on a boat to God knows for scrap...Why am I now considering this again??!!

No Bob....No!

More or less everything can be found a 60 series but you do have to search around and find who has what. I found some sills eventually after a long search but they were dear. Early 60's rotted for fun and can be like lace and a major challenge. unlike 80's, 60 chassis can rot badly too (i've broken no end, and have seen everything there is to see). I've had them from an early 81 to the very last one registered in the UK ( which is what the sills are for).
I would recommend viewing and leave your rose tinted glasses at home.

hope this helps.

I won't be going for it myself, even though I would love a 60, but I do think it's a money pit. Can't imagine finding one in these parts that hasn't fallen terribly foul of the rusty goblin

Back