Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1988 FJ62 build in Miami Beach

Nomad Effect

Country Flag
united_states
Hey All,

Happy to be here!

We're Ben & Sofia and we have a 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 US spec.

We're currently building up our old rusty FJ62 in Miami Beach. So far the mods we've done are; suspension, long range fuel tank and dual battery system but she's currently changing every week.

We're hoping to get her finished to do the Tans American Trail before the end of summer 2020.

Ben: 'I'm an Aussie and my 2nd and third cars when I was 19-23 were 40 series LandCruisers (BJ40 & FJ40) and I've done some crazy things around Australia in those.

IMG_6755.JPG

We also upgraded a 2005 Ford Escape last year with a rooftop tent OME suspension and the works and drove it from NYC to the Grand Canyon and many places in between last year.

I'll start a build thread when I get a few spare minutes and we'll hopefully take you guys along for the ride.

This video for sure explains why our build is coming up to it's one year anniversary.

So this is probably the most real video I've made. I didn't cut out any of my mistakes and there were many.
For anyone looking to add Barn Doors/Ambulance Doors to their US spec FJ62, it is for sure doable without a ton of bodywork experience but it's not a quick job at all.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just a little update this week. We did get one of those cool, cheap Chinese snorkels installed though:

We finally started painting our Trail Tailor bumper and other accessories!! Feels like we're getting closer.

So this is for sure a true representation of how my days actually go working on the car.

And yes I really am so annoyed at the end of the video.

Happy New Year everyone!! Hoping everyone got to hit the road in their prospective LandCruisers.

We had a bit of time off working on the car over the holidays but we're now back in full swing.

I've seen a lot of discussions about using Monstaliner and other Bedliners on here. Here is our 1st thoughts on the product. Overall good, just hard for people that have never used this sort of product:

Little mini update as we start on the interior of the car. If anyone has any better solutions to a hammer & chisel and a grinder with a wire wheel to remove that factory sound deadening stuff PLEASE let me know??

Not making excuses, just updating the multiple things going on in our life!

After a pretty unfortunate 2022 we're back in the US and the LandCruiser lives.

Back