1988 FJ62 build in Miami Beach

Nomad Effect

I am in united_states
Aug 4, 2020
Miami Beach, FL
Hey All,

Happy to be here!

We're Ben & Sofia and we have a 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 US spec.

We're currently building up our old rusty FJ62 in Miami Beach. So far the mods we've done are; suspension, long range fuel tank and dual battery system but she's currently changing every week.

We're hoping to get her finished to do the Tans American Trail before the end of summer 2020.

Ben: 'I'm an Aussie and my 2nd and third cars when I was 19-23 were 40 series LandCruisers (BJ40 & FJ40) and I've done some crazy things around Australia in those.

IMG_6755.JPG

We also upgraded a 2005 Ford Escape last year with a rooftop tent OME suspension and the works and drove it from NYC to the Grand Canyon and many places in between last year.

I'll start a build thread when I get a few spare minutes and we'll hopefully take you guys along for the ride.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Nomad Effect

I am in united_states
Aug 4, 2020
Miami Beach, FL
So this is probably the most real video I've made. I didn't cut out any of my mistakes and there were many.
For anyone looking to add Barn Doors/Ambulance Doors to their US spec FJ62, it is for sure doable without a ton of bodywork experience but it's not a quick job at all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks