Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1994 80 75k miles

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
Anyone else been watching this one on eBay?

It was listed on there about a week ago and then the ad was pulled.

I notice the ad this time doesn't show the missing front bumper or damage to the o/s/f pannel, I have asked the seller about the damage but they don't seem to want to answer my question :think:

Ahhh ebay and honesty "please no timewasters, this is a genuine car"

This was the "where's the front bumper?" cruiser... :think: - Cossack didn't get an answer either I think...?

Last edited:
That's fairly close to me, though with the baby almost due I'm not in the market at the moment. Despite that I've sent an email asking if it has been a write off and does it have a front bumper :icon-biggrin:

Anybody notice the copious caravans in the reflections off the door......and in the back ground.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This was the "where's the front bumper?" cruiser... :think: - Cossack didn't get an answer either I think...?
He did say "No damage" but when I asked for a picture of the front of the truck he said eBay won't let him add another picture, he did say give me your email and I'll send them but I didn't want to do that.

His response to me said that yes it had a front bumper, but Ebay wouldn't let him add anther pic, and that it had a small bump at the front where it hit a deer, but it's all fixed now. Didn't confirm it had been a write off.

I sent this message to the seller yesterday:-
You state in your ad "please no timewasters, this is a genuine car and therefore genuine bidders only please".

After spending money on a HPI check, I discover that this Land Cruiser is actually an insurance write-off.

So it appears that you yourself are indeed a time waster and are far from genuine.

As the saying goes, what goes around come around.
The response was:-
Call me 07778599603

As I had asked him/her about the bumper before and got no response, I replied with:-
It's a bit late for that now as I have no intention of buying a car that is an insurance write-off.

Folks like this really pish me off.... if there was a genuine reason it had been written off I.E. an simple uneconomical repair, then at least be upfront and honest about it. By trying to hide it makes you question what else they are hiding :doh:

Bat21 i fully agree. I would be prepared to even buy it if i get honest answers about what/how it was repaired. I fell into the trap before and lost about £2000, not again

It seems this one has made its way down to Shropshire now, I wonder if the current sellers are aware of its past? :doh:

Last edited:
Weird too - winning bid was £4.5K and they have it up below £5K - not much of a mark up for a garage? Someone want to contact them and ask the history, just for giggles?

Ooh - and is it one owner or 4 owners? What happened to the owner that just sold it. Fishy as a fishy thing with some fishpaste on it...

Back