Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HD-FTE EGR removal

Gonna do some intake cleaning, and I'm getting all the required parts, but: I can't find the flange that can replace the egr-valve, the 17861-17030. Not in stock, and can't get it, most places. Found one, in russia, for 200 $. Does anyone know of a good supplier.

Aslo, at the same time, doing the timing belt, with the tensioner and wheel. And can't find an original tensioner wheel (it's called Tensioner Pulley in parts lists), 13505-17020. Milner has one, NSK brand - would that be any good?

I think uhu may of found it by now.
or got bored of looking..
:)

Found this full step by step series of videos on youtube which shows how to do an EGR delete on HD-FTE.

The Toyota part numbers are;
Inlet manifold connector - 17861F
Inlet manifold connector gasket 2off – 25633A
GASKET, INTAKE FLANGE – 17114B
GASKET, INTAKE TO EXHAUST MANIFOLD - 17171
GASKET, INTAKE MANIFOLD, NO.2 – 17179A

HD-FTE EGR Delete.jpg

Question????

Whilst doing the EGR delete and de-coke;

The intake ports are MUCH more coked up at the back of the engine. The front two have hardly any deposits.

Seems a bit strange as I would have though that cooler at the front and hotter at the rear would mean more deposits at the front ports?

Is this what others have found or a symptom of something else?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When I did mine I can't remember any difference between front and rear ports. It wasn't too bad in fact, a mm or two down at the ports, more further up closer to the EGR valve.

Would be great to know why?

Would be great to know why?

If anyone is interested I have stripped and cleaned the intake thoroughly on my 100 series including cleaning of the intake flaps as mine is one of the later models with vnt and water cooled EGR, I also blanked the EGR with just a plate under the exhaust side and blocked the vacuum pipe off. Truck runs much better now it's all cleared out and should stay like this for years to come :thumbup:

Here is a link to my build thread with quite a few pictures, this is why you SHOULD blank the EGR.

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/com...4-2td-gx-manual-from-the-southwest-uk.150871/

skip to post #16 onwards.

Cheers

Dan

Totally agree with egr delete and de-coke. The question I raised was whilst de-coke noticed that the front 2 ports had hardly any build up where as the rear had a lot more. I would have expected it to be equal amount of build up or the other way around to what I have.

Was yours roughly equal build up on each port?

Dan

Totally agree with egr delete and de-coke. The question I raised was whilst de-coke noticed that the front 2 ports had hardly any build up where as the rear had a lot more. I would have expected it to be equal amount of build up or the other way around to what I have.

Was yours roughly equal build up on each port?

Ye sorry I was half replying to you and half to a couple of the older responses in the thread asking if there are any ill effects. None that I can tell.

Ye mine was fairly equally blocked up, take a look through my thread I linked in the last post, put up loads of pics. Here's a couple though:

46347933682_6c1ba91524_b.jpg
100 series carbon intake build up by Daniel Collins, on Flickr

45675446874_b602404b81_b.jpg
100 series carbon intake build up by Daniel Collins, on Flickr

Back