Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1hz beb

931hz

Country Flag
australia
G'day, after picking up the cruiser the first thing I want to look at doing is a good service and have a look at the big end bearing, how difficult is the beb job? How long should it take. Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.

I did mine in a mates garage over a weekend. Probably 1 1/2 days 9 to 10 hrs in total but I was being super attentive to detail and doing it twice with the plastigauge check being one of them.

Cheers fellas, appreciate the feedback. I've never pulled a motor apart before.. Will I have trouble identifying parts if I'm following instructions.. I'll check that link now thanks clive

I wouldn't do it unless you're confident and competent in engine mechanics.

It's not a difficult job technically, getting the sump off seems to be the most difficult part of the process.

If if you have a go at it, there are lots of tips in the thread, read it all several times and take notes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks heaps mate, looking forward to it..
Finally got some pics up

Nice photos, you've the same rear doors as mine

image.jpg

but a double front passenger seat, where mine is a single

image.jpg

And you have the split headlamps where mine had the one-piece dip/main before I swapped them for angel-eye HID units.

image.jpg

Im with Chas, liking 80s in white.

Cool :thumbup:

Thanks mate, I'm currently confused about which way to go with suspension. Replace yhe old 3 inch with 3 inch
Or lower to 2. Decisions decisions

Thanks mate, I'm currently confused about which way to go with suspension. Replace yhe old 3 inch with 3 inch or lower to 2. Decisions decisions

It's clearly not our decision. It depends on what you intend doing with the truck. If its mostly asphalt and reasonably maintained forest tracks, and you're running less than 35" tyres, then 2" may be sufficient.

If the forest tracks are washed out, rocky or become very technical, then you will probably regret coming down from 3".

I look at it the other way, I've got 110mm of lift (4 and a bit inches) and it serves to no disadvantages IMO.

I use it on long asphalt runs with no problems. It's stable on cornering and it's comfortable. It's not too high for stability offroad and it flexes so that it will climb over most things. Wash out's don't usually pose me problems.

Back