Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1KZ-TE Engine Vibration

Nope 1kzte is single mass

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

As it happens on idle and I'll assume clutch disengaged that rules out for me props and UJ's. Injectors are pretty bullet proof on the 1KZT from everything I've heard.

Your blind fella with his super sensitive ears says engine is running sweet as so you can rule that out too. So it seems to me that external factors would point to an engine or gearbox mount getting a bit old and squishy and creating a little imbalance that way (no real way of knowing without changing them all I guess), a slight stretch but maybe a broken or sagging spring.

Internal factors would lie engine side of the clutch, so worn spigot bearing, worn crank bearings. Can't see it being flywheel unless chunks are missing from a worn clutch in its history.

If the timing tensioner pulley or water pump were old and giving up the ghost then maybe adding a hit or miss resistance likewise aircon bearings.

Must be fuel related because it had settled a bit this morning after a 20 mile run last night , i turned the fuel up a notch and done another 20 today and the vibration is not as bad as yesterday but worse than it was this morning . It's a curiosity rather than something to worry about and i'm going with the idea that injectors aren't 100% but not worth servicing , the expert fella reckons the fuel cleaner route sorts 9 out of 10 cars with much worse injector problems and it's something i want to do anyway .

If it's happening at idle and you have a solid flywheel its fuel related/ slight missing

Back