Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1KZ-TE Goes Wild

At the mercy of the IP Calibration shop, they also want to replace the correction resistors which i've tested over n over to be good.... sigh.
They can't be expensive, you can ask of course, but they've got to warranty their work so if they recommend it and it's not too much then I should just let them if I were you. You are testing at DC. The resistors will be running at high pulse rates which you most likely cannot test at.

Yup, it's not the pump themselves that fail, but more so the electronics. In the lifetime I've had the KZ, I've had the spill control valve act up, and the RPM sensor fail. The RPM sensor failed when the engine overheated badly. Spill control was probably due to bad fuel quality over 10 years or so...

P.S - I have a complete spare pump, and electronic pump pieces if you need.

Spot on it was the SPV ! Plus the shop replaced the fuel correction resistor as they could not get the specification results during calibration. The shop also reconditioned the pump replacing washers and bushings and o-rings and gaskets of course.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great news indeed Jim.
You know what to do next time you have a problem before you start replacing things (not meant as an 'I told you so' but rather wanting to help save trauma and spend).

Back