Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1KZ-TE Spill valve

@ Scot a good friend of mine who is a Ninja with a soldering iron spotted a tiny dry joint on the board and yes one of the capacitors.This problem took the best part of 2 years to diagnose as it was temperature sensitive & intermittent.Vibration didn't affect it , i was doing some bad tracks at work.it seemed that if the engine would start all was good & throughout the day further starts were no problem.In the end , after almost flattening the battery i left it with my mechanic , a proper old school country garage and of course it started fist spin the next morning. After 5 days there it spun over but wouldn't fire so he checked every connection by hand until he found the the fusebox. A piece of wood wedged in at an angle "fixed" the problem until my electronics Sensi could turn up.

@goodoldboy sorry I've just seen your message as the tag didn't work. What was wood wedging? Was there a problem with the fusebox in the drivers footwell?

The thread is 18 months ago mate, don't hold your breath for him answering, GOB's gone (for now)
much for the greater good of the club, with his incessant political rants and little other input.

Back