Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1kzte Spill Valve - No Signal

bowlink

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hi all, I have a 1kzte in a kzn130 surf (‘94 auto) but I’m fairly certain 90 series share the same engine. If not and this is in the wrong section I do apologise.

I have had my truck off the road for nearly a year now trying to get it to run but nothing has succeed…yet.

The issue is that the spv is not getting its signal to let the diesel go through to the injectors. I have done the following:
Replaced the ignition barrel plug
Checked and bridged the spv relay, checked the EDC relay
Sent the ECU away to be professionally reconditioned
Checked all fuel sensors are working and within ohms as per fsm
Replaced spv
Replaced all pump loom wires from the engine bay
The truck runs, but very rough, when the RB wire from spv is earthed
Truck doesn’t run when 12v applied (briefly) to timing control valve
Checked the timing belt and everything lines up
Both wires to the spv plug have +12v

I noticed the wires to the fuel temp sensor on the pump were cracked so replaced them, then the truck decided to run fine for a day. Went back the next day and it was back to its old tricks.
I’m really running out of ideas here, hence posting about a surf in a land cruiser forum, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

A thought, you disturbed the fuel pump sensor and it ran well. I'd be looking at the fuel pump sensor and wiring.

I’ve replaced the sensor and and half the loom as I thought the same.
I sent the ECU away again just in case, and the technician told me the spill valve is shorting out and it has fried the ECU

Hi @bowlink, you mentioned that you "checked and bridged the spv relay". Was this a matter of wire between two terminals in the relay housing, or did you have a fuse to split the wire? I am wondering whether this could be the next thing I try with my issues. Cheers

Hi @Delder85, have you had any luck with bridging your Relay for SPV.... I have basically done all that @bowlink has done to try and start my vehicle, ECU has been repaired and overlooked twice and is according to the techi's in working order?

My vehicle a KZJ71 has two relays that the SPV goes to, they are identical ECD relays back to back under the hood passenger side (RHD).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There are filters within the fuel pump , is it possible that the signal is being read but mechanically can't deliver fuel due to blockage ?

What's the deal with the "Both wires to the spv plug have +12v" ???
I have the same situation and engine does not start :coldsweat:
Does this point to an ECU issue ?

I'm going to guess because i can only guess that both feeds are positive because one tells it to add more fuel when the turbo is boosting ?

Hi all, I have a 1kzte in a kzn130 surf (‘94 auto) but I’m fairly certain 90 series share the same engine. If not and this is in the wrong section I do apologise.

I have had my truck off the road for nearly a year now trying to get it to run but nothing has succeed…yet.

The issue is that the spv is not getting its signal to let the diesel go through to the injectors. I have done the following:
Replaced the ignition barrel plug
Checked and bridged the spv relay, checked the EDC relay
Sent the ECU away to be professionally reconditioned
Checked all fuel sensors are working and within ohms as per fsm
Replaced spv
Replaced all pump loom wires from the engine bay
The truck runs, but very rough, when the RB wire from spv is earthed
Truck doesn’t run when 12v applied (briefly) to timing control valve
Checked the timing belt and everything lines up
Both wires to the spv plug have +12v

I noticed the wires to the fuel temp sensor on the pump were cracked so replaced them, then the truck decided to run fine for a day. Went back the next day and it was back to its old tricks.
I’m really running out of ideas here, hence posting about a surf in a land cruiser forum, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

I'm going to guess because i can only guess that both feeds are positive because one tells it to add more fuel when the turbo is boosting ?

Does not make sense to have positive on both sides of a selenoid ..

Back