Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2, 3, 6, 12 Ton Jack Stands?

warrenpfo

I need to get a set and wondered what most people use? It would be for a 100 series.

Are the ones off eBay any good and which ones are best the ones with a centre pin or the ones that you pull up and they lock in place auto style. I always imagine to be lying under the car and all of a sudden they collapse on you. I am sure this will not happen but just thought I would ask.

I have set of the 6t Clark ones which are a pleasure to use, as well as a set of the folding ones which I can carry in the truck without taking up too much space. Both pairs are fine, but I always use the Clarke stands.

The smaller ones are probably more than strong enough but they have limited height. So the bigger ones are worth going for - I have 6t ratchet ones too.

One thing that also helps if you are stuck in the bush - no need to do this at home :shock: - and the bottle jack isn't giving you the height you need, it is possible to use a rated ratchet strap to limit travel between the axle and the chassis. Not ideal safety-wise but if the lift you need is a lot to overcome the suspension flex, then this can help you out of a pickle.

We use the Clarke 6ton stands in the workshop, they get a lot of abuse.

Only problem so far is every so often the split pin needs to be replaced which isn't a major problem.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
6 is good and ready available at decent moolar

Back