Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2" Iron Man Suspension Lift

Geordie Paul

Garage
Got round to fitting the suspension lift today. Still have the rear left corner to do. What a fiddle :thumbdown: As most people have said the rear shocker took a bit of tightening up (took Chis's advice and ground the old one off :thumbup: )

Only problem is I forgot to measure the ride height prior to lifting and i dont think i have got much lift on the front at all. The measurements i took after the lift are from the ground to the wheel arch, front is 92cm and the rear is 95cm. I will measure it again once i have taken it for a run.

It would be much appreciated if someone with a standard truck could take the same measurement and let me know what their truck measures. Mine has 265 70 16 on at the minute.

I took it to a friend of mine who is a mechanic before i lifted it to get a few tips, he was amazed at how high it was already. He works on quite a few of these and he has not seen one ride as high as mine as standard. The Springs were definitely newish so could be slighlty longer than standard. Anyway as long as i can get 285 75 16s on it doesnt really matter :thumbup:

Will post some pics once i finish the job tomorrow.

Olreet.

I am offshore at the moment but i only measured mine while home and if I remember right I think it was about 85/86 cm or so all around.

Now I am driving a 2002 LWB and doubt suspension has ever been touched so mine may be sagging a bit, or loads and it needs immediate attention, OR it is the normal height.

Any one else got figures????

Gert pix up please.
Thanks.

2" Iron Man Suspension Lift

Hey Paul, can you post an update on how they are after a few days, have fitted the iron man shocks to mine as my old ones had leaked, am thinking of upgrading the springs to match and am interested in the results

Ronanjordan said:
Olreet.

I am offshore at the moment but i only measured mine while home and if I remember right I think it was about 85/86 cm or so all around.

Now I am driving a 2002 LWB and doubt suspension has ever been touched so mine may be sagging a bit, or loads and it needs immediate attention, OR it is the normal height.

Any one else got figures????

Gert pix up please.
Thanks.

You can have the Springs i have just taken off mine. They are pretty new and seemingly slightly higher than standard! If not then they are going on ebay! :thumbup:

Simon_LJ70 said:
Hey Paul, can you post an update on how they are after a few days, have fitted the iron man shocks to mine as my old ones had leaked, am thinking of upgrading the springs to match and am interested in the results

No problem mate, i will let you know :D

Went to finish the lift today and realised i had put the Drivers side rear spring on the passengers side :x :x :x
All finished now though :clap: Really please with the results.
Final readings were: Front 92cm and rear 94cm.

See what you think, sorry about the crap quality of the picrures, i only had my mobile.

Before.jpg

Afterside.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looking at the pictures the front end has definitely gone up, just wish i had taken a before measurement. We live and learn! :thumbup:

Check out Tommos pics, he has same model with 2 inch lift too

Looks good to me :mrgreen: The gap between the tops of your tyres & the arches looks about right for a lifted truck :thumbup:

Geordie Paul said:
Went to finish the lift today and realised i had put the Drivers side rear spring on the passengers
Really :!: :? I just fitted mine without a concern if I had the correct side to hand :think: Are they marked 'L' & 'R' in some way then :?: I've not noticed any troubles with mine so if they are handed I must have got 'em right :shock: I guess you have a 50/50 chance :)

Here's the measurements for my Prado top centre of wheel arch, baring in mind that it's got a 1.5" body lift too, and took with half a tank of diesel

FOS was 91.2 now 93.7 + 2.5
FNS was 92.6 now 94.5 + 1.9
ROS was 92.7 now 96.3 + 3.6
RNS was 93.5 now 97.6 + 4.1
Top of tow ball was 51.5 now 56.2 + 4.7

Also to be considerd is I can't guarantee that the ground was truly flat, hence the variance from o/s and n/s !

The springs are sided, on mine they had stickers that peel off, not that it's likely to make any difference like they do on old landrovers, I did one once and it was about 4 inch higher on the drivers side, but levelish when I swapped them over

My signature picture below was stock but looked higher than most others I'd seen !

BIG clean GREEN said:
Here's the measurements for my Prado top centre of wheel arch, baring in mind that it's got a 1.5" body lift too, and took with half a tank of diesel

FOS was 91.2 now 93.7 + 2.5
FNS was 92.6 now 94.5 + 1.9
ROS was 92.7 now 96.3 + 3.6
RNS was 93.5 now 97.6 + 4.1
Top of tow ball was 51.5 now 56.2 + 4.7

Also to be considerd is I can't guarantee that the ground was truly flat, hence the variance from o/s and n/s !

The springs are sided, on mine they had stickers that peel off, not that it's likely to make any difference like they do on old landrovers, I did one once and it was about 4 inch higher on the drivers side, but levelish when I swapped them over

My signature picture below was stock but looked higher than most others I'd seen !

Nice one mate, thank you. Given yours has a 1.5" body lift then it should be 3.8cm higher than mine all round so that sounds about right.

sae70 said:
Looks good to me :mrgreen: The gap between the tops of your tyres & the arches looks about right for a lifted truck :thumbup:

Geordie Paul said:
Went to finish the lift today and realised i had put the Drivers side rear spring on the passengers
Really :!: :? I just fitted mine without a concern if I had the correct side to hand :think: Are they marked 'L' & 'R' in some way then :?: I've not noticed any troubles with mine so if they are handed I must have got 'em right :shock: I guess you have a 50/50 chance :)

Springs have a sticker on with N/S and D/S. Me being a bit simple and not spotting it on the back made the whole job last a lot longer!! :D

Hi Paul, was just wondering where you got new bushes for the front and rear shocks from?
Iron man don't do a kit for the 90 series according to paul at west coast.

Chris

Back