Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newcomers 98 Colorado rear light wiring loom and connectors

EvoLC

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi,

As the title suggests my rear lights in the cluster have stopped working other than the fog light.

The garage I took it to said it's the rear light wiring loom and plastic connectors.

I can't find any anywhere, and I don't really know what I am looking for.

I have taken a picture of what I think I need, if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

Adam

Attachments

• IMG_20231118_075657.jpg
    IMG_20231118_075657.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 25
The upper rear lights on the body only house the foglight on the right and the reversing light on the left as standard on UK supplied vehicles. The tail/stop/indicators are in the light units mounted in the bumper. Some people modify the upper lights by fitting new lamp holders and bulbs, many threads on here about it if you have a search. The bumper lights are notorious for rotting to bits as they are in the spray from the wheels. Tow bar electrics suffer a similar fate.

I'm not sure about the connector in you photo. The wiring and plug on the left looks like Toyota original equipment but the wiring on the right looks like towbar electrics from the colours. My towbar electrics ran all the way up into the body to the light unit behind where the jack is mounted in its compartment in the boot, I had no external joint. Have a look where the wires go.

Hi there,
I fitted pair of the high level LED lights off Ebay onto my 2001 Collie.
They plugged straight in and only needed a minimal amount of wiring as I converted the two central sections into reversing lights.
Rear fog light was a flush fit led red lamp mounted on the bumper.

I can't remember fully how I did it all, but I'm no electrical genius, and I found it straight forward.

Regards
Chris

As MODVRS,. Towbar electrics are the cause of so many unrelated electrical issues, and the black plastic heatshrink /rubber boot has been poorly done, allowing a funnel effect to dump water straight in the black connector.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back