Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

200 series - auto lock when exiting vehicle

jjans

Country Flag
australia
Hi does anyone know how to set the vehicle/ key settings to have it lock automatically when you leave the vehicle? TIA

Are you sure it does that? What's the hand book say? Not that many 200 owners on here yet, but if it can be done someone will surely know. Don't forget to put up an intro in the introduction section.

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know what age your 200 is but the smart entry system locks the doors when you press the little rubber button on the main part of the door handle. Unlocking the doors is activated by just gripping the door handle.

I don't believe there is a function to have it lock automatically when you leave the vehicle e.g. when the key fob disappears out of range.

The handbook will explain it (in too much detail).

I did just walk away the first 6 weeks - assuming it will close automatically. But that wasnt the case ;-)

Surfy

They all lock automatically if you unlock them but don't open the door. But to lock as you walk away? Sounds fraught with disaster to me. I remember when I had a Verso or something with keyless ignition. You could start it, drive the missus to town, get out with the keys in your pocket and let her drive off to the shoe shop. Of course she stalls at the lights and .... no keys! Imagine the scenarios of it locking itself. Plus of course the electronics it would need not to do that under the wrong circumstances. I'd turn it off it it came on a vehicle I owned I should think.

If im feeling lazy il unlock the missus Skoda from the kitchen window, But by the time iv walked outside to the front of the house.... Its locked its self Again..... Annoying.... Coz then you have to walk all the way back to the kitchen to get the keys.. And the process goes on and on and on......Its a 20metre walk at least...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Run man, what's the matter with you?

At my age...... I was another year older yesterday:character-oldtimer:

Back