Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2001 50th Anniversary Cruiser.

mike smith

Country Flag
australia
I just got one yesterday. It had only 189k on the clock, which i thought was good deal. I had, and you will hate this, a 2004 ML500 and traded it in on this car. I need the extra towing for my sons drag car. The merc only had 2650 towing, which put us right on the limit.

I was wondering what people think of this model. Sad to say i drove it all the from Sydney to Canberra and when i pulled in to my drive, the radiator blew out at the top. The dealership, who didnt have to pay for the new radiator, did so in a blink. Now driving this truck is a lot different to the Merc. I dont know how the gearbox is supposed to feel on these. I like to do all my servicing and i want to do the trans fluid, engine oil and the transfer cases. I see from the handbook it uses mineral oil, this is a lo different to the Merc that only used fully synthetic oils.

I would really welcome any advice you guys can give me about this car/truck. The gear chages feel a little rough, but it kicks down ok. When i got my roadworthy. the inspector said he thought the front wheel bearings were noisey and there was an oil leak. He never expanded on this.

Anyway thanks for listening. I am going on a 6 month trip in June with some mates who want to travel from Newcastle to Broome, why, i dont know but it sounds like a good trip.

Seeya

Back