Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2002 with failed Engine

jr1882

Hello,

I have a 2002 the is is in very good condition, however, the water pump and radiator went bad and I overheated. The dealer says there is engine damage but can tell me how much until the take it apart ($1900.00) just to tell me what is wrong.

150,000 miles, so it probably worth $12,0000 with an engine.

Need some options. If I sell as is, what do you think I could get for it? Or should I try and find a rebuilt engine somewhere? Any advice on where to get one and how much would be appreciated.

Get it borescoped & have a look to the damage, that is the cheapest way way to see if its dead, your looking for heavy score marks on the bores & or melted pistons. Then go from there. It should be a couple of hours work.

Cool. I will call around and see who can do that. The engine turns over which is a plus. Thanks my friend.

Just talked with the dealer. He thinks I can't much out of it since not many people know how to work on them. I think going eBay Motors to see what I can get is not a bad idea. He told me best case is $8000.00. S is am guessing more like 10,000 to 11,000 from them. There have to be better options. I can get a used rebuilt one for 1/2 that I would assume.

Rather than spending money investigating whats wrong i'd just assume its dead and start searching scrapyards for the same model truck that has been rolled over and written off or something similar . When the bodywork is damaged beyond repair the engine usually goes with it to be crushed and melted even if it was unlikely to be damaged at all .

Just talked with the dealer. He thinks I can't much out of it since not many people know how to work on them. I think going eBay Motors to see what I can get is not a bad idea. He told me best case is $8000.00. S is am guessing more like 10,000 to 11,000 from them. There have to be better options. I can get a used rebuilt one for 1/2 that I would assume.
What engine is it?
(There are 2-3 options)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back